Some of these turning points are good, others are scary. I don't think there is anyone in the UK who hasn't been made redundant or known someone who has lost their job recently. It makes you think- and I have been spending a lot of time following my dream. I don't want to wake up in 30 years time and wish I had taken a leap and stepped outside to take a look around.
Anyway, part of this has been re-evaluating my life, my possessions, my wardrobe, my style. My parents have always wanted me to be a bit more adventurous and have bought me a few of these items :D
So LIFE OVERHAUL!
OUT (with the negative)
- Stretched Tshirts, strappy tops and trousers that I have had for 10 years (Recycle bag)
- Socks that I like the design of, but have worn through against my trainers (Bye bye hello kitty socks :( Recycled)
- Items 6 months+ that I have bought but not worn/used (some still have tags) (Ebay)
- Items that I have worn/used once that are over a year (ebay)
- Items that I think I'll 'grow in to' or 'just need to be altered' (ebay)
- Items that I have worn less than 5 times in 1 year (Charity shop)
- General items that are not sentimental, used daily or monthly (charity shop)
- Makeup unopened (ebay), liquids over 6 months and powders over 1 year (recycle/bin)
- Wearing trainers all the time! (Kept for sporadic use)
- Chaos and Mess, Fear and Negativity! (Bin)
- Good skin! Mixture of new diet, facial care AM and PM and no picking/scratching!
- New make-up- colours that compliment and that arent my normal 'safe rut' products.
- Making the most of me- colours, shapes. I realised that I am not making the most of me and that I should or one day I will wake up and have short grey hair, wrinkles and no legs for skirts!!
- Being more organised and seeking opportunities. No-one will make them happen for me.
- New clothes that suit this new transition. My school, college, and uni days are in the past and I cant dress like a student all the time (maybe for days off!). Some of my clothes I had had for 10+ years.
- Accessorising. I have them, but i just look at them. Time to organise them in an accessible way and USE them and feel COMFORTABLE with them.
- Shoes that fit and wont damage me and that aren't 6" high. 2" is a good height for me (and toe friendly)
- Clothes that fit me. Or I wont buy them- not even just because they 'nearly' fit and I'm fed up!
- Positivity, routine, investment purchases and self-confidence.
So that is my personal outs and ins. I did the Outs first to get rid of them. This wasnt supposed to be a self help post- it start out as a haul post! I'll do a haul post after this one. I have never been a huge shopper (I'd like to be at times but I'm a strange shape and by bank and conscience would hate it)... but I have been guilty of getting things that don't fit properly because of the lack of choice- and then feeling uncomfortable and not wearing them.
This is a new start. The caterpillar is changing. The butterfly is ready.