Friday, 25 September 2009

Review: Body shop shimmer cube



I picked up a Body shop shimmer cube a few weeks back and promised to do a review.  This is the cube and it is in called palette 06
The colours are (top left-right, bottom left -right)
03 Marshmallow
01 Honeycomb
02 Dark Chocolate
04 Chocolate

They are packaged in little tiny cubes inside, meaning you can carry them individually or as a quad.

They can be used dry, or wet as shown in this swatch;

Left to right, Dark choc0 02, choc chip 04, 01 honeycomb, 03 Marshmallow.
Towards the bottom of the stripe I added a little bit of water.  It really makes the colours shine.  My photo doesnt quite do it justice.  They looks was like liquid metals when wet, and have a really delicate shine when dry.  You can use them as a highlighter, base, liner and a shadow.  You could probably use them with your normal bronzer too to add a shine!

Verdict: I LOVE this product, and it really makes my blue eyes pop.  It is easy to apply and lasts for quite a while.  Adding water makes creates several different looks, making it a bargain for the price.  When applying I use the lightest colour as a base and then build up using 04 in the corner and crease.  For a later night time look I add the darkest colour as a liner.  They blend easily and are easy to carry about.

I have seen four of these shimmer cube palettes in the shops, although I believe some are limited edition for the summer.  I would really recommend these as an investment product.  I have used mine loads and they still look untouched!  They are available fromt he body shop online store, or in most stores.  The price varies depending on your source, I got mine for around £14.50 (with my 10% discount card) but they retail for around £15-17 for 4 x 4g of product.

The next time I do my eyes for an evening look, I will take a photo and show you how they wear.


Have you tried this product?  Can you recommed it?

Don't forget my competition coming soon!!

6 comments:

  1. Never tried them hun but they look lovely. Marshmallow looks like it would be an amazing highlighter. I really need to get myself into The Bodyshop as I haven't look at their cosmetics in years.

    http://eliza-mclellan.blogspot.com/

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might use this later so I will take an eye of the day photo. It is a great palette. I was amazed at what it did fo rmy blue eyes. You have the same complexion so it would look great on you. Pop into a shop and have a look. Also online here with better photos than mine http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_Makeup&CatCode=C_Makeup_Eyes&prdcode=11894m

    Gorgeous!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you it's such a nightmare seeing all these great things and having no budget to buy anything! Look amazing. I'm a blue eyed girl like you too so I will be checking these out for sure.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the shimmer cubes...but my pallete has brown, purple, silver, and pink (don't know what number that one is). I love it! I'm always playing with them...although, I have yet to use them wet!!! Will have to try that this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Eliza- It is great being able to steal makeup ideas off you! Blue eyes, dark hair :D

    @Kendra- Is that dark a dark petrol purple? I think I can seen it but you might have different ones where you are. Post some photos!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, love that palette, i was going to get the grey version but might have to get both now.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...