Monday, 5 October 2009

Review: Body Shop Haul

Last week the Body Shop had a members event as part of their Nutriganics launch.  I popped into a Body Shop to have a look at the new products and see if there was anyhting I wanted to buy ith my 20% off.

I had a quick look at the nutriganics range, it looks interesting, but not entirely suitable for my skin.  Maybe in ten years when it has settled down?


I did pick up a slanted brush which I have wanted for a while (see right, picture of Body shop website).  It can be used with wet or dry powder, or to just smudge and tidy existing make up.  I find the Body Shop brushes great value for money.  They are soft, wash well and are the right size for me to hold.  This one costs £8.30 (£6.64 with discount).  I used to buy cheap brushes, but they just fall apart and end up needing replacing very quickly.  Not an investment.  I have never had to throw oout or replace a body shop brush ever.

I also wanted some night cream, as I have been using a day cream at night.  My skin type was assessed, and the Seaweed range recommended.  I decided to try the Clarifying Night Treatment, which you use after Cleanser and Toner at night (in place of your moisturiser).  It is not a thick as some of the night moisturisers I have used, and so far it is working well.  It is oil-free and so far I wake up evey morning with soft skin.  It costs £9.75 normally (£7.80 with my discount).  A little goes a long way!

Offer Alert- If you were looking into purchasing the seaweed range at the body shop then check out www.thebodyshop.co.uk as the WHOLE range has 20% off at the moment.


I was also given a sample of some eye cream to try.  I have had problems with eye products before bringing me out in spots so I'm going to give this a try.

If you can recommend any products, or have tried the seaweed range then feel free to leave a comment below.

Also don't forget my competition!!  One random prize draw and one creative competition!

7 comments:

  1. I hope the night treatment works out for you. Please update with a rave post if it's doing well; I've been looking for a night cream for my acne-prone skin for a while. :)

    http://clearlybeautiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the entire seaweed range for a few years now and there are no facial products I like more. I have skin which is often dry around the jawline but slightly oily T-zone and it works on both. :)
    Thanks for the 20% heads up, I need to buy EVERYTHING cause I'm running out.
    Wade x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma! Thank you for your sweet comment, I would love to do a little swap with you over the pond! I always see how people do that and I love the thought of it. Or, I'll just check out your ebay store. Either way, thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog and offer help! :) xoxo

    P.S. I rarely go to body shop but I did buy the OYE OYE OYE lip balm and love it- not for moisture but for changing lip color! I'll have to try the brushes out, brushes are everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only ever used on Body Shop brush before (it was a bronzer brush) I was so impressed with it! It lasted a long time! And as for the seaweed range I find it very hit and miss, but I love the mattifying day cream =) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! I will def. be back!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Becky- you're welcome, I've got a few computer issues at the moment but havea stash of things to either put up for blog sale/ebay or possibly swap some. Once my computer stops crashing. :(

    @Pyxiee Their brushes are good. I have started off with one product, but have used others when in store. I have some day cream, but when i use it up I'll b considering that product! Thanks :)

    @Dylana, thanks for stopping by and I'll check out your blog when my cmputer is working. It is driving me crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Clearly Beutiful Blog- I will do an update on my skincare routine very soon :)
    @LRWade you're welcome- great to hear from others who use the products.

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...