Thursday, 19 November 2009

Mac Mythology & Dupes?

I picked up Mac's Mythology from Marcia's blog sale few weeks back, so I just thought I do a quick introduction post!  Here it is on my Mac palette with flash and no flash.  It is a gorgeous goldy colour with copper undertones.  It has a lovely shimmer with makes it great to use as a colour, highlighter or just to blend with other colours.  Perfect for christmas magic!

I have a few other colours which are similar.  I have picked these up along the way to make my blue eyes stand out a bit more!  So here is the Rimmel Colour Rush mono in Bronzed 060, and The Body Shop UK (US click here!) eye shadow colour  in 08 Golden Paprika.  TBS one is quite velvet like(slightly creamy) and pigmented.  I hadn't really noticed this until I did these swatches and prodded my finger in TBS shadow, and then into the Mac pan.

As you can see they are fairly close, but not exact dupes.  The Rimmel one costs around £3-4, where as TBS one costs around £8.  Mac eye shadows retail for pro palettes cost £8.50 or £11 if in a single clam.

Have you got this eyeshadow?  Or know any dupes for it?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh Mythology is lovely! I am going to have a look at the Rimmel dupe next time I am in Superdrug! These must look gorgeous with your blue eyes!!!!! :)
    Natalie XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dupes hun, mythology looks gorgeous!

    <3 xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BeauMakeUp I'll have to do an EOTD with coppery colours :) xx
    @Dainty Dollymix They're close, not quite the same (which makes me pleased that I dont have 3 identical shadows in my collection!!! Phew! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the little crowns on the Rimmel e/s! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh wow thats pretty close! nice find gurlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarah they are!
    @Shifa I credit the Rimmel one to Lollipop26! Slightly darker and losses its hine but still quite close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...