Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Updates: Help needed: Mac: haul

I have a huge breakout on my face at the moment, so avoiding photos and laying off make-up at the moment.  Just to give you an idea, the biggest breakout is on my chin and feels like I have 3 dried peas under my skin.  Worst thing is they are in a line so it looks like a mountain range.  I don't think you need to see pictures!!  It does look ok through 3D glasses though, as they cancel out the redness!!  A few more cropped up on my chin and upper lip :(.

I'm reaching for the strongest stuff I have to fight this.  It is a concentrated treatment in a small tube called 'Oxy on the spot'.  I can't seem to find it anywhere, or a replacement product. Very annoying- anyone heard of it, or know where to get it from?  I don't like to use it much, because it sometimes bleaches my pillows at night, but desperate times and all that.

30 day skin challenge was going so well too.

Other news:

I bought Mac Mythology eyeshadow from a blog sale, so I'm really excited to have a play with that.  It looks gorgeous in my palette next to Parfait Amour, Beautiful and Club.  All of these I bought with in the past few months, but I think it's a bit late to do a haul post!! I have picks- feel free to request swatches!! Oops!!


I have been playing round with my Sassy mineral make-up and have a post to do on these- but only when my skin is better.


Also picked up the Jemma Kidd lipgloss with packs of Bodyform.  Non UKers- do you have this offer too?


I have an 'I hit pan' tag post, as tagged by Eliza.

A few other exciting bits and bobs.  Do you girls like 'What's in my bag?' posts? Trying to decide if I am brave enough to do that!!

So what do you want first???????! (when my skin stops me looking like an angry mountain range).

9 comments:

  1. I hit pan... think it's a great post idea - can't wait to do mine :)

    And seriously check out Sudocrem - it's so good - check out the reviews on MUA and if you do decide to give it a whirl, just a teeny tiny bit should do the trick.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LionLovingTiger, I have put some Sudocrem on for the past few days, it does seem to be helping, but these spots are pretty deep set and so I've been attacking them with everything! ARGH!!! I will do a proper Sudocrem trialwhen these have shifted. I feel a bit like a freak!!

    @Vanilla, comming up when I have more than a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sorry to hear about the break outs. Here's what works: after you apply the Oxy, be sure to dab the problem areas with a bag of ice for about 10-15 min. Don't keep the ice on a particular spot for over 5 seconds. Just keep shifting it around. That'll help bring them to a head. Also apply ground up aspirin + any cleanser to just the problem areas. Really build up little mounds right on the spots. Leave on for as long as you can, and then wash off. This takes some time, but its big guns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Clearly Beautiful Blog, thanks for those tips. Im going to have abath later to I'll try and do all of this. Fingers crossed! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey love,
    Sorry to hear that your skin is acting up :(
    Have you tried any of the Mario Badescu products?

    American site is here:
    http://www.mariobadescu.com/Skin-Care

    And you can buy within the UK here:
    http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/mariobadescu/

    The range has been getting really good reviews on youtube and MakeupAlley, and I've got the drying cream, which smells horrible but really does work wonders. Might be worth checking out?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear this sweetie. Must be a nightmare for you. Hope it gets better soon. Let us know how you get on with Clearly Beautiful's advice. I know I will be trying that routine next time I break out.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Computergirl...

    Have you tried Neutrogena 12 hour gel? I think that stuff is like nuclear waste it is so drying but that really works!

    I am obsessed with primers as well and discovered that although they do give a gorgeous finish - they cause me to break out! Despite all my exfoliation, some of the silicon gets stuck in my pores creating painful cystic acne - I am recovering from a massive breakout from a few weeks ago.

    I have started this new programme called "The Regime" - and it is working for me! Check it out on www.acne.org. I wouldn't give you a bum steer - it does dry your skin out for a bit but you adjust really fast. I have had no further breakouts since starting the regime and it is cheap cos you only have to buy one new product. Try it!

    And if you can, stay away from silicon primers for a bit and see if that was the cause!!

    Good luck my dear!
    BV

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Danni, thanks and no I havent tried them, but I will look into that range. I'm prett much working through the shelves of the local shops!!

    @Eliza, thanks. Its such a pain.. wear make-up and make it worse, or wear nothing and feel yuck and hide!! I'll keep updating my findings with what works or not!

    @BV no I havent tried that. I have the 2 in 1 (unopened) but I havent treid the one you mention. I'll also check out the website and have a look. It's such a pain.

    Thanks for all the advice, I thought I was getting there, but... I'll keep updating. Determind to get pimple/spot/mountian range free!! Yuck!!
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...