Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Stocking Filler: 15th December: Spalding Gardening Goodies

Every day leading up to Christmas I will be posting a little stocking filler idea.  I will try and choose global products.  If you can't get hold of the product in your country, then I hope this will be fun to read and help give you present themes.

15th of December!

Gardening Goodies from Spalding's!
Flower seeds, tools, bulbs, vegetable seeds...



Plus get a free decorative garden tool set with your order!
(photo from www.spaldingbulb.co.uk/





What better way to relax, educate and become more green (fingered) than by receiving some gardening tools or seeds for Christmas?  Whether its a plant for the kitchen window sill (herbs?), and hanging basket for the patio, or some daffodil bulbs or vegetable seeds for the spring!  These gifts will encourage ptople to have a go at reducing their carbon footprint, and destress at the same time.

As a young child I grew my own cress and lettuce (very educational and delicious!), I then proceeded to hanging baskets (pretty flowers), and then on to some vegetables (yum yum).  I suspect a lot of people like pretty flowers or plants (especially in the winter) and a lots of parents and grandparents like to spend time caring for a plant or two.

If you can, try and avoid buying pre potted herbs at supermarkets.  They pot them in small pots and dont water them properly - end result.... they look fresh for 2-3 days and then die.  Why not give someone the means to grow their own?


Yes I know, another non-makeup post but I made a pledge to do one post a day for stockingfiller ideas all through out the 24 December days leading up to Christmas.  I don't want to overload you with too many posts per day!! 


Visit www.spaldingbulb.co.uk/
for some ideas.  They break down the plants into pretty pictures, and the snap dragons featured at the top are mixed seeds £1.95.  They also break things down by what month to plant etc so you could buy themone that flowers in their birth month :)



If you want to pick things up in person, then try your local independant nursery.
P.s. Did you know Cactus plants soak up the radiation from a computer monitor?  Very cool!


Suitable for cheeky children in need of a project, gorgeous guys, knitting nans, yummy mummys, Clever cooks, dangerous dads, girly friends... everyone!! :)





10 Sleeps to go! 


2 comments:

  1. I tagged you for an award on my blog hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank hun, thats so sweet of you :)x

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...