Saturday, 19 December 2009

Stocking Filler: 19th December: Books- (Free!)

Every day leading up to Christmas I will be posting a little stocking filler idea.  I will try and choose global products.  If you can't get hold of the product in your country, then I hope this will be fun to read and help give you present themes.

18th of December!

Book Tokens!
Great for hard up students, book worms and those who need to read more!
National Book tokens can be bought and used at most book stores.

OR why not go to the library....





Stay with me on this one... Books.. you know... those things that people looked at before the world of Wii, ibook and blogs??!!

At some points of my study, I didnt have a lot of money, but still had course materials to buy.  Book tokens come in soooo handy :)  Especially when the library didnt have the materials I needed.

Around the same time, my mum was going on holiday, and I didn't have lots of money to buy presents, so I took a trip to the library and got out loads of books of the place she was going to visit.  I wrapped them up with a 'to be returned or renewed by (date)' note.  I also popped it in my diary so I could remind her.  She really enjoyed reading up on the place, but not having to find room for those books after.  Best of all, it cost me £0!

Aside from students and travellers, I have found my local independent bookshop stocks a rang of local interest books- some written by local people and not available through the larger retailers.  Many friends and family love reading these unusual books :)

Books are for everyone- whether a cook book, DIY book, textbook, phrasebook,first reading book, language lab CD.. endless ideas...!

Books are to be treasured and help us relax and learn.

Suitable for gorgeous guys, knitting nans, yummy mummys, adorable aunts and girly friends... everyone!! :) Including some lucky pet animals. (Yes there are some 'teach your cat to read' books...)





6 Sleeps to go! 


3 comments:

  1. Ah that's such a clever and thoughtful idea :). I'm actually loving these posts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never thought of that, but it's such a good idea. It's like the gift that keeps giving too, because you can keep swapping the books for new ones every time you go to return them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emma, Thanks:) Not long to go now!! :)x

    @Jen Ooo thats a great way of putting it! :) I just know that money can be hard- and I would totally do this gift again! After all, you are still spending time choosing the books :) I also get books from charity shops too :)x

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...