Monday, 7 December 2009

Stocking Filler: December 7th: Massage Goodness!

Every day leading up to Christmas I will be posting a little stocking filler idea.  I will try and choose global products.  If you can't get hold of the product in your country, then I hope this will be fun to read and help give you present themes.

7th of December!

Massage!
Available in your home or city.
Prices start FREE and upwards







Photo from Amazon Click HERE.



Massage :) Even the thought makes me smile.  From trips to my therapist to relax my achey muscles, to those lovely wooden roller things that you can use at your desk....

Massage (if done in the right way) can relax, improve circulation, remove tension and pain.  It therefore helps the outside of you look healthy, by working from the inside- the best way.  There are lots of different techniques that can be used to make massage relaxing, invigorating, therapeutic or healing.  Even though people always thing of back massages, there are lots of other ones!

For example;

  • When I have a manicure, the nail technician always adds a little massage in to boost circulation which brings nutriants to the nails- aiding growth.
  • When I have my hair washed at the hairdressers, they always add a scalp massage which is noramally very relaxing.
  • When I have a tension headache Mr Computergirl will stroke the back of my neck to relax the muscles and ease the pain.
I could go on but I think I will do another post after christmas as it is far too much to fit here!

Sometimes it is just about a simple human touch.  I was inspired by someone I know who trained in massage in her spare time and then went into the local hospice and spent time with each patient giving them a bit of contact therapy.  A simple palm massage means so much to someone who is bed bound and perhaps lacking in human contact.


When I visited someone in hospital recently I remembered that and gave her a little manicure.






Here is how you can incorporate physical massage therapy into a christmas gift.



Sanctuary Spa Hip and Thigh massager (helps with circulation and breaks down cellulite) Available from Boots stores, although many other gadgets like this can be found in spas or chemists. (Photo from Boots.com) £4.89 but is on a 3 for 2 at the moment.




 Botanics Massage kit around £7 from Boots.com and Boots stores. (Photo Boots.com and on 3 for 2)






 Superdrug Thai Massage kit, £6.99 Supersrug stores and website (ona 3 for 2 at the moment) (Photo Superdrug.com)


For a fantastic range of fun-smelling-packed-with-natural-oils massage bars, head over to a Lush store, or a Lush website.   These bars melt with natural body heat and moisturise the skin.  I have several that I use before or during a bath.


The soft Coeur or honey mooner, with real belgian chocolate. mmmmmmmm


This si one I have yet to try, but the After 8:30 has milk chocolate, white chocolate and peppermint oil in it (not that I have chocolate on the brain!)

For a cheaper option then most chemist do a bottle of almond oil or carie oil for around £1.50 which is perfect for a massage and can be used to dilute other oils e.g. lavender.
So whether it is a voucher for a local spa, a hairdresser's massage, a homemade voucher for a manicure, a treat from lush, a bottle of massage oil or a wooden massager for your desk drawer... A massage is a great stocking filler!

Suitable for knitting nans, stressed out mums, computeraholics, girl-friends who need a treat or happy hubbies.



18 Sleeps to go! 



P.s. Mr Computergirl santa says he's very sorry but he can't sfford the massage chair at the top as it costs near £1800 (and you don't have room for it).  Perhaps if you find a cheaper one it might be considered in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...