Sunday, 6 December 2009

Stocking Filler:December 6th: Chocolate

Every day leading up to Christmas I will be posting a little stocking filler idea.  I will try and choose global products.  If you can't get hold of the product in your country, then I hope this will be fun to read and help give you present themes.

Sixth of December!

Chocolate!
Available in your home or city.
Priced 25p upwards






Photo is my own.


Nom nom nom nom.. Yes, chocolate.
When it is 'that' time of the month, or you need a little pick me up, then a square (large square) of chocolate can be just the right sort of thing!


Each country has their own brands, but here in the UK..


The Co-op's own chocolate is all fairtrade.  I love their blocks with rice krispies in.  A great way to support others as well as buy gifts for your loved ones at christmas. http://www.co-operative.coop/food/ethics/Ethical-trading/Fairtrade/Our-fairtrade-products/Chocolate/



Oxfam stocks Divine Chocolate, which is also very ethical and tasty.
http://www.divinechocolate.com/default.aspx 


For a bit more up market then why not try Hotel Chocolat or Thorntons for some yummy delights. 
http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/
 http://www.cadbury.co.uk/home/Pages/home.aspx 
http://www.thorntons.co.uk/ThorntonsSite/pages/home/default.asp



And if you go into most supermarkets or independant health food shop, they do all sorts of chocolate for diabetics and people with allergies.
 
Of course, you might just have to try some before giving it away. You know, test out a few brands and different coulours, textures... just to be on the safe side that it is ok... well that's what I told myself with this Baileys' chocolate...
 
Nom nom nom ....


Very affordable and suitable for everyone; friends, little or big sisters (or brothers), mums, dads, grandmas and grandpas... and office secret santa!


P.s. For the true chocoholic, there is a little hotel in the UK that does chocolate holidays.. tasting, making, learning... A bit more expenisve but not something that would be forgotten in a hurry!

19 Sleeps to go! 


What is your favorate chocolate? Are you a White, milk or dark chocolate person?

7 comments:

  1. my fave is Lindt. I plan to give chocolate as an upcoming gift swap party I'm hosting! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog--French Fries rocks by itself, and as a base for other e/s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. any type of chocolate is great idea for filling Christmas stockings! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these daily stocking filler ideas hun! :)
    I really should leave your blog on for my mum to find! hehe
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those which forrero rocher are my fave, are they called rafaello or something similar? MMMM so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chocolate. Green and Blacks Maya Gold is my fave x

    ReplyDelete
  6. milk and white are my favorites!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Clearly Beautiful. Mmm lindt, yes that's nice :) and you're welcome. Thanks for the post! x

    @Sugar :D Ok, yeah agreed! :) x

    @Dainty Dollymix, aww thanks hun :) Yes, just leave th ecoputer on and at this page and let santa do the rest!! x

    @Sarah, I know the ones you mean, Mmmmm yes I'd be happy with those! x

    @Em Green and black's dark chocolate is reaalllly good.. I mean bad but goood :) x

    @Iva, I used to be like that but I now include dark i that too. I'm not fussy really!! Thanks for hte comment :) x

    Thanks for all the comments.. :)x

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...