Monday, 12 July 2010

Fairy Tale Aussie Party!

A couple of weeks ago, this popped through my door.  It was inviting me to an Aussie haircare party for 'lucious longs'!  The theme? Lots of Rapunzels with their long hair for the shining Kangaroo knight to climb up an rescue them (or their hair!).

So off I trotted to London on Saturday to attended this party!  The journey was a nightmare!  Cancelled trains, uncancelled trains, fires on tracks.... I arrived at the hotel with 5 minutes to go!  Luckily the venue was across the road.  I went and knocked on Lauren's (Lauren loves) door a we were staying in the same hotel and knew each other through blogger anyway!  She had bought her friend Sarah, so 20 rushed minutes later we were all across at Avalon VIP room.  The perfect fairy tail setting!


I was greeted by Emma, who looked like a Grecian goddess in a gorgeous mushroom coloured dress and Lisa, who looked very tanned in a dark polka dot dress.  I wore my fairy wings, and was very pleased to see that Lauren and Sarah had bought some too!  Fairytale princesses!  With a glass of champagne in my hand, I found myself sat next to Natalya (Filthy Gorgeous Make-up) and her friend (sorry I didn't catch your namee :( ) and we chatted about Maxie the cat.  I then found myself hit with a combination of a stressful journey (that lasted about 6 hours), tiredness, lack of food and a glass of bubbly... so I think I may have started to talk a bit too much! Sorry!!  I was also able to meet Catherine (Perfectly Polished, Zoe Corkhill, Hayles again, meet some people for the first time including Ling (moonbeamstarlight), Carla (Miss Randomnesss), Hannah (London Rose)Liloo (tsunimee) ( I know there are more people so sorry if I 've missed you out.  Please say hi and give me a poke!)
  (Catherine, Natalya, me (pre hair magic), Emma (other one), Natalya's friend (who does have a name but I didnt catch it. Sorry.  We did have a good chat though :) )

An unexpected bonus was meeting Fei peonies and waterlilies.  We have been following each other for ages so it was really nice to meet up!


Amber and Zara were our hairstylists for the evening.  They gave us a demonstration of a style we could use, and gave us lots of tips on how to care for out long hair.  I always used to have knotted ends after washing, but Amber has said to concentrate on washing the scalp and it will wash the ends as it runs out- no need to rub shampoo into the ends as this just knots the hair.  Great tip!  She also said that she sometimes combs a bit of the Aussie leave in conditioner or 3 minute treatment into her hair before bed and sleeps with it on for an extra pick me up.  Something I will be trying as her hair looked very healthy.



Throughout the evening we were all invited to have our hair styled by Amber and Zara- some valuable 1 on 1 consultation time!  I took full advantage of this and fired questions at Amber!  I often get scared of putting product on my hair because there is quite a lot of it.  She told me to start 2/3rds of the way done and comb it through (apparently if you use a brush it just soaks up the product and doesn't distribute it).  I will be trying this technique.  I ended up with a largish side bun, which I will be trying to recreate as Amber talked me through it.  I loved the style, and other people liked it too.

My finished hair from the back!

Amber (left) and I! End result! Thank you! 

At the same like we were able to have cocktails.  I've only had a few rubbish ones before, but I checked out what other people were drinking and opted for a cosmopolitan.  I can now say that I like cosmos!  I also wrote a few hair tips for the Aussie hairstyle bible that they have been creating.  I really hope they can read my writing as I wrote it on my knee while having my hair done!

(Rights) Cinders and Prince C (who was apparently being very charming to everyone, inlcuding some very confused guys who wandered in by accident!!)

No fairytale evening would be complete without a few Disney princesses turning up... In walked Cinderella... I thought that she was a very enthusiastic blogger who had gone all out on a costume!  It was only when she pointed out that fairies mad her dress and that she had lost a shoe, that I twigged she was Cinderella!  She asked me who made my skirt and I had to honestly reply "the pixies" (The Pixie shop!).  Then Snow White turned up.  The best bit was when Prince Charming turned up, shoe in hand, and got down on bended knee (to many cheers from us!) and reunited Cinderella with her other shoe!

All too soon the clock struck 11 and we had to run off before we were turned into pumpkins!  The little mice had been very busy and we all left with bags fully of magic (Aussie long hair conditioner, chocolate, a crown, a gorgeous necklace and some gold stars).
 LAuren and I (wih magic hair)

I helped Catherine and Liloo back at the hotel, as their room keys wouldn't work, but then the hotel said that one of them had to move it with the other.  It was a bit random.  They went off into the night, as did Lauren and Sarah, and Zoe and Hayley had left the hotel bar by then.  So I retired to my room, a victim of a very hectic work week, lots of traveling.  I had hoped to see them the next morning, I'd checked out before 9 since my body decided that I was going to be wide awake at 6:45am!!  This is the reason I turned up at Westfields 2 hours before it opened!! More on that in another post though!
 (Lucious Long range)

Cant wait to try to recreate my hair do, and use the Lucious long conditioner.  I hav been a long time user of the normal conditioner, but this has so different ingrediens in.  I will do a post on it seperately!


Thank you to Aussie and Emma and Lisa for a great night!  I had so much fun in fairytale land!  Thank you to all the other bloggers and friends I met too- please say hi and sorry if Ive missed you off the list!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post, sounds like you had an enchanting evening! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks May, it was. An excellent way of putting it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma,

    What a lovely post, really enjoyed reading it.
    Your hair looked fantastic! Glad you had a great night and thanks for mentioning me and Sarah in this post.
    Such a shame I was rotten the day after as we'd really have liked to see you for breakfast.
    Glad you got home ok and hope you're not too tired.
    Sarah took some pics so I'll get them posted as soon as she sends me them xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LAuren Hello! Glad you enjoyed the post! I had a picture of Sarah but she had her eyes closed so I though I shouldn't post it! I woke up that early and couldnt get back to sleep so I just got up. Think I was down in recpetion by 8:20 becuase they had left a news paper outside my room that I didnt order. Bit random! I'm getting back to routine slowly, had a snooze on the bus! Cant wait to see your write up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking fabulous! It was a great event. Thanks for entering my iPad competition too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look huge in that first photo, haha. I like the pic of you and me, bless us!
    Shame we didn't get longer for a natter or some shopping or something.
    Glad you got home ok and I'll let you know when I put my post online xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @The style PA Thank you! You too! It was a great evening! x

    @ Ditzymakeup It was! Hope youre doing ok x

    @Lauren You look lovely! Yeah, I just woke up and could not get back to sleep. Knew I wanted to get out to a few shops before braving the journey back! Cant wait to see yours! xx

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...