Thursday, 14 October 2010

Review: Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Cleanser

Origins say:
When it comes to faces with dry and oily places, it takes a clever cleanser to balance the two. This gentle, frothy face wash carefully does both jobs without canceling each other out. Konjac Powder seeks out oil, soaks it up then keeps it well in-check, while Wheat Protein balances and protects dry prone zones. And Broadleaf Kelp breaks down dirt, disperses excess oil and sends dullness down the drain. There's also aromatic Bergamot , Spearmint and Lavender to add pleasure to the process. Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched.

HOW TO USE: Squeeze small amount into palm, add tepid water to lather. Swirl over skin, steering clear of eyes. Rinse thoroughly. Great for A.M. and P.M. cleansing.

Checks and Balances™ is best for combination skin.

What Computergirl says: In short, I love it.  I have been using it in a routine- so very morning and some evenings, and it has improved my skin so much.  I have even had compliments on my skin.  My skin history has been detailed on my blog (Spots, spot scars, redness, blackheads, oily patches, flaky skin etc etc).  Getting this product was a gamble but I am so glad I did.



It doesnt smell weird, it balances my skin and seems to last all day (hurrah).  I need a tiny (pea sized) blob, and a small drop of water.  This dilutes the thick cleanser enough to go found my whole face.  I have had no reaction.  I normally wipe it off with a face cloth or muslin cloth.

It is a deep clean, but not using harsh chemicals (Remember my experience with Clinique Clarifying lotion?!  I like Clinique but I can't use that lotion.).  Origins is formulated without Parbens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PABA, Petrolatum, Paraffin, DEA, Synthetic colour, synthetic fragrance, Animal Ingredience.  Tested on humans.

It smells a little bit minty, but not overpowering at all.

Cost: £15 for 150ml (Which as this rate will last me for 9-12 months!!)
Where? Origins counters, online at House of fraser, Debenhamsor from Boots (if you want the boots points but dont live near a stockist then order online and collect from your local store!)
Repurchase? Yes
Recommend? Yes, if you have combi skin!

Have you tried this? What cleanser do you use?

4 comments:

  1. I prefer the word froth to foam! Is that random or what lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes froth and frothy is a nice word. Foam makes me think of swimming floats!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really want to try this - ARrgh!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah, do! If your skin needs a good cleanse then I can recommend it :) I think Origins currently have an offer on of some samples with an order, so jump in there! xx

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...