Friday, 17 December 2010

Aussie Bloggers Market Event!

A couple of weekends ago I toddled off to London for an Aussie Angel evnt.  A bloggers market.  I am sure you have seen some Aussie posts floating about, so I'll keep this fairly short.
Lil (and me swigging on the wine!!)
(I opted for a Topshop grandad cardi, Miss Selfridge dress, Skinny jeans and knee high boots.  Warm for winter!)

The was to bring togther bloggers from all the hair tribes (Lucious long  (thats me!), Colour mate, frizz miracle, volume and moisture).  Stalls were available for blogger host an activity or skill.  Throughout the day there were talks on photography, blogging, vintage style, clothing style advice and catwalking!  It wouldnt be an Aussie event without a team of hairdressers on hand and a nice spread of festive food and mulled wine!

I dedicated my stall to Give and Make Up (Click here for more info).  I wanted to raise awareness about donating unused and lightly used essential products to women's refuges for Christmas.  I'm so pleased I did as THIS HAPPEND!!
Shifa having her hair styled.


I met so many lovely bloggers including
Makeover Amina (Innerbelle)
Cakes by Charlie (Vampires and Cardigan)
Card making by Fiona (Save our Shoes)
Face Painting by Kavita (I heart Vintage)
Book exchange and fantastic short stories by Lil
Makeup by Shifa of Get Gawjus
Boxing by Sherin 



There were also some jewellery stands and a stall about how our mental health affects the colours we wear- I'll probably mention those in seperate posts :)

A highlight for me was meeting Jill Politt who works as a style and catwalk coach on shows like This morning and Britains Next Top Model.  She gave me some great style tips :)


I was the last one to get my hair styled, but opted for a vintage pin up look- a soft curl down one side, with a quiff.  The photos don't quite capture it!  I have hopes to recreate it- back combing is the key!  Fingers crossed!

With a belly full of warm mulled wine, and a nice goody bag for the train journey, I left the event with some new friends and new hair-spirations!

Thank you Aussie for a lovely day!  In particular Emma and Michelle for all their hard work and help with organising my stall!

A big hello if I met you!  Please say hi!

To read other posts on the day visit http://www.uncoveraussie.co.uk/  Photos are taken from their blog and my phone (sorry about the quality).


What hair styles have you always wanted to know how to do?  Do you have any hair tips for the christmas season?

4 comments:

  1. It was lovely seeing you Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shifa And you! I hope you have enjoyed your goody bag and trying to recreate your lovely hairstyle! Was lovely to meet you at last!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great event so sad i missed it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gutted that I missed this, sounds like it was so much fun

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...