Friday, 24 December 2010

Review: Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss

Clinique Say: Lip balm with a colourful twist. Luscious, high-gloss shades treat your most undermoisturized skin to soothing shine. Instantly relieve dryness, protect with antioxidants and more.

Computergirl Says: I have this in 09 Currant. It has a slightly fruity smell but not overly fruity taste.  Sorry Clinique, but I dont find it overly moisturising.  In fact I seem to find it a bit drying.  Initially it feels soothing, but as it settles I find it seems to accentuate my dryness.  It is a little thick and sticky for me- I wonder if this is why it dries my lips out.  The plus point is the colour, a natural 'my lips but better', but I have to reapply it so much that I'll be through this very quickly.  I think it might also have an SPF in but I need to check that.

Maybe it's winter, maybe it's my cold, maybe it's my lips.  Maybe I have just been spoilt by products.  It wasnt completely the worst lipbalm I have tried, but just one that I wont be rushing out to repurchase.  I think I will keep up my lipbalm quest!

Repurchase: Ummm. Maybe i'm mad but I dont get this product. Its a no to repurchasing.

Purchase from Clinique stands and online £12.50 for 15ml


Have you tried this lipbalm? Did you like it?  What lipbalms do you give the thumbs up or thumbs down to?  What would you recommend for me?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you didn't get on with this product. I've been using it on and off for a few years and really like it - I do find it a little sticky but it does seem to be keeping dryness at bay for me at the moment. It is pretty expensive for a lipbalm though.
    I'm also loving Carmex Cherry at the moment (the one in a tube) which does have SPF in. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My absolute fav lip product is Bodyshops Lip butter Yes,Yes,Yes! So smooth & moisturising plus it tastes yummy too! :) Have also recently found a MAC Lip conditioner that was given to me a while back & am loving it! :)

    Aysh xoxo

    trulymadlybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...