Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Stocking Filler 3 and 4: Books

Due to a scheduled post fail, these are behind :( Sorry.

Every day leading up to Christmas I will be posting a little stocking filler idea.  I will try and choose global products.  If you can't get hold of the product in your country, then I hope this will be fun to read and help give you present themes.

Third of December!

Books

We all read something.  Course material, how to fix something, fashion journals, travel guides.  These can be so expensive.


Why not visit a library and take some out as a free but useful prsent for someone?  Obviously hand them over with a 'return by xx date' note!!
 
Very affordable and suitable for friends, family, OAPS or children


22 sleeps to go!

DAY 4!

Want to give someone something more permanent than a loan? Visit your local charity shop.  Mine is full of new or nearly new books.  Recycle a book and help a charity- a dual present to somone :)

I read today that one couple have spent £30000 on their 3 month old BABY for christmas!  Most babies of 3 months wont undrstand what presents are, or be able to tell new from a lightly read book.  In fact most children I know are interested in the boxes things come in than the actual toy, or the best present is spending time playing with their parents.  Kids love to be read to, taught to read and see pictures.

Suitable for children, adults, friends and OAPS!

21 days to go! 


P.s. Dont forget to enter my christmas giveaway (link in right side menu).

2 comments:

  1. Funnily enough because of my religious background (roman catholic mum.. priests in the family) I am not a big fan of presents on christmas (unless its for children!)
    After all it is Jesus's brithday.

    I buy gifts for my mum, uncle (mitzy now) and whomever I spend the day with. I cant believe 40% of uk families still havent payed off the christmas dept from last year. Why do they feel the need to buy a present for everyone they know?

    As a kid I asked santa for 'good health for a family' and a little sadly 'to be loved'.. but never for expensive gifts. It sort of annoys me when kids ask for playstations and things like that. Ugh they are so unaware of what xmas is about!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly :) I only buy for a few family and friends, but never expensive presents. We just like to spend the day together. Some people do get carried away with the hype. I never really asked for anything as a kid for christmas, and have generally found simple gifts to be the best :) Those sound like lovely present requests.

    Always liked getting my christingle as a kid. The orange with a candle, ribbon, cloves and sweets.

    Life gets so hectic, its lovely to have th tim to sit down and see family, eat together and watch silly tv! x

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...