Sunday, 6 March 2011

Review: Clarisonic Mia: Project Clear Skin

I have had my Clarisonic Mia for four months and I thought it was time I filled you in.


Overview:
Clarisonics have been dubbed by the beauty community as 'a toothbrush for your face'.  Using sonic technology it claims to provide a deep clean for skin, by clearing pores.  This reduces congestion and pore size, helping keep spots at bay.  The Clarisonic currently come in three sizes.

Mia= Small baby, one speed, 7 colours.


Classic= Mid size, two speeds, cradle charger, 4 colours. 



Plus= Large, 3 speeds plus pulse setting, 2 colours.


As more features appear so the price rises- and these babies are not cheap.  $149-$225 if you live in America (£91-138 approx)!  I opted for the Mia because it was small enough to travel, plus it is a pricey thing to buy if you are not even sure it works.



Clarisonic says:

Benefits Beyond Clean Skin

Sonic skin cleansing improves skin tone, reduces the appearance of pore size and helps skin care products work their best.
The Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth skin. In just 60 seconds, the micro-massage action removes 6X more makeup and 2X more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone. Removing more dirt and oil from your pores also helps products work more effectively.



Computergirl says:
Easy to use.  I rinse under the tap, add a blob of cleanser and press go.  It makes a quiet hum noise as the brush head rotates.  It feels gentle and quite relaxing.  I use it for 20 seconds on my chin, 10 seconds on each cheek and then 20 seconds on my forehead.

Results: My congested skin is so much better for this gadget.  It's amazing how much makeup it takes off- even after I think I have cleansed it all off already!  It provides a deep clean, and after years of picking spots and being a slave to blackheads- wow, I didn't think my skin would ever improve.  It's not perfect but greatly improved and I have high hopes for the future.  The Clarisonic is not an exfoliator.  I still have to exfoliate twice a week but not as aggressively as before.  I also rinse the brush after each use (I do NOT want that bacteria getting back on my face!) Brush change every 3 months on average (just like a toothbrush!)

Conclusion: I am so glad I invested in this product.  I believe the skin is a canvas and the end result is much better with a good base!  Don't cover up a problem- work to find the cause!  My skin is clearer, less oily, pores are smaller, skin is healthier and not so dull.  Quick and easy means more likely to use it morning and night.  Please keep in mind, my skin was in bad shape so I have seen results.  If your skin is good already then you probably won't notice many results.

Downside: Price- especially when replacement heads are needed.  Battery drains when not in use.  Body brushes do not fit the Mia, although you can use it on your body with the smaller brushes.


Price: £70 I bought mine from SkincareRX.com with an offer and shipping to the UK, customs and Clarisonic came to £70!!  Keep an eye out for future deals!  The Mia was not available in the UK at the time.

I supported breast cancer awareness by buying the pink one.

However if you UK girls can't wait that long for offers and shipping.... SPACENK are just about to start selling the Mia for sale in the UK.  Its not online yet but will be priced at around £120 - £130- keep an eye on this page http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/new+in/mia+sonic+skin+cleansing+system+.do


If you have any questions then I'll do my best to answer them.


Do you have a Clarisonic? What you do use to cleanse your skin?  What are your clear skin tips?

P.s. My Mac giveaway closes Friday 

10 comments:

  1. Great review, glad to hear that its improved your skin. I'd love a Clarisonic but don't think I could justify spending that much money on it...I bought a Body Shop face brush which is pretty good, definitely helps give my skin a deep clean. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not launching in the UK til April 11th (it was supposed to be March 30th)...you've got a while to go yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want one of these, it's next on my to buy list. There are so many rave reviews about it, so glad it worked for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lilylipstick Perhaps wait until there is another offer on? Or just think of all the Space NK indulge points ;) Perhaps I should have a look for TBS one for when this one is charging? x
    x
    @Vex I knew it wasnt long as they sent me some info about it. Not long to go... ! xx

    @Shameera So am I. I would have been upset if it didn't. Glad I researched it first though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be so tempted to pick one of these up when they hit Space NK - so expensive though! Really should have got my fella to bring me one back from Miami - would been a bit cheaper at least!

    Tx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lionlovingtiger Indeed- might work out cheaper!! If not then lots of Ndulge points! Expensive but worth it :) You have me looking at Urban Decay eyeshadow pencils :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I don't have a Clarisonic. I'm deathly afraid of them. Deathly. Automatic brushes like those tear up my super super sensitive skin generally. Oh, I'll have super clean skin....because I'll have NO skin.

    Sometimes I wish I could use those because it might just cure all my acne troubles. But I know that even exfoliating with the most gentle exfoliator rips up my skin so I can't imagine what a Clarisonic would do. I'd rather take the four or so zits a month than have no skin at all.

    How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie, I have the softest brush on it, and its only the inside circle that moves. I say moves but its more like a very tiny vibrate. It's very gentle- as I said, it doesnt exfoliate your skin (it would need to move and be aggressive for that). It's not painful at all or harsh in my opinion. Believe me, I wouldn't want it ripping my skin off either!!

    I'm doing ok- sunny here today thankfully :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. April 15th is the UK launch, not 11th x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review.
    I really want to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...