Who is a lusciously lighter angel? To me she is clean, tidy, healthy in mind and body and free from negative worries and cares! Above all she is a goddess, bursting with energy and life!
Although the title of this post might make you think about weight and weight loss, I want to stress that Aussie is NOT making us loose weight! We said we wanted a health and clutter kick, so here it is! A lot of things affect one's health; stress, food, exercise, clutter, worries.... Aussie is hoping to help us tackle some of those 'life stresses'
I have broken it down into categories so just skip to the bit that you want to read! I will be doing posts along the way sharing my success (there WILL be success- positive mental attitude) and tips.
Lusciously Lighter Weight & Diet Overview: Broadly speaking I am happy with my weight, or rather size measurements (See pic below!). Muscle weighs more than fat, so the more toned you are, the heavier you'll be! I'd like to tone up but more on that later. The older I get, the more conscious I am of what I eat. I don't 'limit' myself but I try to balance out what I eat. I have a small stomach and slow metabolism in some ways, I can quite easily forget meals, but I would NOT recommend this! I'm a tall girl so I can carry a little extra and still 'look healthy.
I have given up chocolate for lent. I don't know weather to carry it on to the meet up or not? What do you think? I do find that I am eating less sweet things and if I do want a treat, then I'm reaching for alternatives such as flapjack, sponge cake and granola. I am on the go a lot and get dehydrated, forget to eat fruit and sometimes reach for microwave meals.
- Look healthy for my size, not skeletal or chubby.
- Eat at least 1 piece of fruit a day rather than lots of veg and juice.
- Drink 2 litres of water a day.
- No microwave fast food in plastic containers. (Plastic= cancer causing dioxins cooked into foods & drink)
- Find metal flask and kettle rather than plastic. (Especially for in the car as water bottles which are left in the car/window warm the liquid inside and then boil cancer causing dioxins into the liquid).
Lusciosuly Lighter Cleaning Overview: Again, a victim of being on the go. (Might I just add that this does NOT mean my body is unclean!!) The busier I get the more things get left, which means I cant find them. Some things are not easily accessible, but are used daily so I need to resort them. The washing basket is never empty- lots of handwash items in the bottom, waiting for a dry day to hang outside. My desk/work space needs a reshuffle and my keyboard needs a hoover!
- Empty the washing basket and see that it is all washed, cleaned, sorted and ironed (right down to the last item, including every hand wash item!
- Empty suitcase from trips away!
- Clean out bathroom and use anti-bacterial wipes on computers and phones.
- Order stuff in a ways that the most used is easily accessible! Air duvet and pillows.
Lusciously Lighter Clutter!! Spring clean the following;
- Medicines from bathroom cupboard.
- Old expired beauty and make up products. Donate new and lightly used to Give and Make-up
- Wardrobe (Keep, charity, recycle)
- that drawer. Yes the one every house has. The drawer of DOOM!
- Replace lost* pedometer and aim to do 10'000 steps a day. (*fell off while training for a charity run/walk)
- Buy Yoga DVD and try to do 2 sessions a week (in class if poss, or on own)
- Try to do 1 Cardiovascular class a week and a power walk for a healthy heart.
- Try to tone up tum, bum and thighs.
|(This is not me in the picture!)|
Lusciously Lighter Mind Overview: I have had a few sleepless nights in my time. In fact I tweeted about it the other night. I am a good one for writing down tasks I have to do at work but this seems to have slipped and I think I need to do it for everything. I feel happy to tick things off and then don't stress that I have forgotten something. I also need to make sure I relax and don't work too hard, but also don't feel guilty when I relax and haven't completed a task.
- Tidy Space, Tidy Mind (especially sleeping space, which must be a sanctuary)
- Don't pick spots when stressed!
- Go back to keeping a daily agenda of tasks for work AND personal life.
- Diary in 1 relaxing evening a week.
- Read a book or learn a bit of something new? (To be decided!)
So a woolly mammoth of a post later, these are some of my goals!! I hope to post on these things as I go a long and share any tips.
So, are you going to join me? What are your goals? Perhaps you have some tips to share? If you do a post, please link it in the comments.
First things first, I need to go shopping.... (for cleaning and challenge supplies!)
(P.s. to follow what Aussie are doing for their light challenge click HERE
To support me on twitter go to http://twitter.com/#!/Computergirl200 )