Friday, 15 April 2011

Review: Avon Supershock Gel eyeliner

As requested, my thoughts on the Avon Supershock gel eyeliner.

I bought this in black for £4- I think there was a promotion on at the time as its normally £6.


This eyeliner is very soft and creamy.  It applies very easily, with minimun drag to the eyelids.  The black is intense, but not the blackest black I've seen.  However, in certain lights is looks equal to Urban Decay's Zero or GOSH's eyeliners

Avon's has a dark green undertone, which is only noticeable when I remove it with cotton pads.  This does make it dark black .

It does smudge if you move it too much before dry. The trick is to let it dry, or apply a black shadow as a 'setting' liner over the top.  I find it stays on quite well- I swatched it over night and it stayed on for 24 hours, albeit less intense over time.


It comes in a few other colours like Khakis and silver.  I would like the bronze one as I have a soft spot for browns.

Would you guys like me to do a post comparing to Urban Decay, Mac and Gosh?

You can pick up the Avon one from your local rep or online at www.avonshop.co.uk or click here for direct link

Have you tried this product? What else can you suggest from Avon?  Any recommendations?

8 comments:

  1. I love these Avon gel eyeliners! It's really longlasting- even on my oily eyelids and watery eyes. Great product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sil I get oily eyelids too. This seems to last with and without a primer :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reviewed this eyeliner this week too and it got a huge thumbs up from me :) Love the pigmentation on how well it transfers to your waterline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachael, I'll have to have a look at your review! Seems like it's an all round winner :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to get one of these next time I make an Avon order :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lilylipstick Worth it in my book :)Let me know how you get on! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to try it in brown if it stays well.

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...