Sunday, 8 May 2011

Witch 'Redness Relief' and 'Primer'

I have been testing these for a couple on months and am now ready to share my findings.  If you want the back story then look at my Witch Skincare Overview

This range is formulated as an affordable range to help with problem skin.  Witch know that it is rare for a woman to buy an entire range from one company, so have formulated products which are supposed to work independently to target a specific problem.  I like this as it really annoys me when I buy a product only to find that you 'need' to use it in conjunction with products B, C, D and E, and you 'must' buy them to get the best.... blah blah blah.... (Clinique 3 step, I'm looking at you....(even though that was a mistake  click here! ) )


                    Witch Redness Relief Moisturiser                     

Witch Say: 
  • Anti- Redness, 
  • helps sooth skin, 
  • oil free, 
  • no artificial fragrance or colour,
  • dermatalogically tested
Directions: Smooth a small amount on to your fingertips and gently target areas that are red.  Blend and apply a tinted moisturiser or foundation over the top.

I say: Certainly works quite well!  It goes on green, but don't worry, this goes when your foundation is over the top.  You couldn't wear it alone though, unless you really judge it well!  I looked a bit ill when I first applied it!  A little bit goes a long way, and I didn't find it smelt weird or faded through the day.  It also contains natural ingredients that aim to help combat congestion and problem skin (e.g. witch hazel).  This is great as the last thing you want to do it use products to cover up problems, but end up aggravating the problem even more.  It would be nice to have a pump action bottle, but I would never use 1 pump's worth on my face!
The Redness Relief is applied just above 'Computergirl2007'

Cost £6.99 for 30ml from Boots.  Also available from other chemists.

                    Witch Anti-blemish Skin Clearing Primer                   

Witch Say:  
  • Hold's makeup in place and helps protect skin from the causes of blemishes
  • oil free, 
  • no artificial fragrance or colour,
  • dermatalogically tested

Directions: Apply a small amount evenly over face (not eye area). Once dry apply foundation.


I Say:  We all know what difference a primer makes to eye makeup!  This face primer forms a barrier between your skin and makeup, helping your skin to stay bacterial and clog pore free and your makeup in place.  I have used this on many occasion and my makeup hasn't budged!  I have combination skin, so often excess oil leaves my foundation patchy within a few hours.  This doesn't smell weird and is amongst the best primers I have tried.  It's a joy to use.  Plus a pump action bottle keeps bacteria out.  Contains Witch Hazel, Grapefruit, Licorice but you can't eat it!  I was given this for free but I will repurchase when I have finished it (although my bottle still has loads in, even with frequent use!)


Costs £6.99 for 30ml from Boots although other chemists do stock it!



The stand out product for me out of these two, is the primer.  If you have problem, combination skin, like mine, then do have a look at this product.  We all want to cover our flaws (mine include red skin, spot scaring, large pores, spots, blackheads, clog pores etc...Oh sounds hideous!) but we need to make sure that masking a problem isn't actually contributing or causing the problem.  After 8 hours of make-up wearing, most pores will be fully fed with dead skin, oil and the day's makeup.  My pores have been visible smaller and less congested while using this primer.

Do you use a redness relief or primer?  Which ones do you use?  What are your top tips for reducing red skin and keeping makeup from sinking into your skin?



P.s. My Leggy giveaway closes Friday! If you want a little treat for your legs, the click here. It'll take 2 minutes to enter :).  400 follower giveaway will be up later if my camera is charged :) x

4 comments:

  1. The primer sounds great. I currently use No 7's mattifying primer but I think I'll give this one a try when it runs out. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lilylipstick It's got a little bit of silica in it and I find works great. I havent tried No7's, but normally apply powder to set/matify. Let me know how you get on! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reviews, i've never tried any Witch products before, will have to have a look next time i'm in Boots.

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sadie. Let me know how you get on :)x

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...