Monday, 8 August 2011

Guest Gallery: Louise at Affordable Treats

Some of you will know the lovely Louise from Affordable Treats.  She is one of the first handful of bloggers I chatted to.  Her blog is all about luxuries at a price that wont break the bank.  She hails from Plymouth and has a growing collection of animals.

Here is what Lousie says

"Hello Computergirl's musings' readers! Hope you are all well :)
As my blog is called 'Affordable Treats', I'm going to be showing you my top 5 affordable treats. It was actually quite hard choosing the products, because 99% of my collection is affordable. These products I'm about to show you, are all under £5. They're some of the cheapest on the market, but are excellent quality. I haven't included blush because it was too hard to just choose one brand. I equally love my Sleek, 17 and Natural Collection blushes. Most of you will have seen the products below before, because they are quite popular.




Natural Collection Bronzing Powder in Golden Glow and Natural Collection Bronzing Pearls in Sahara Sun. These look a little washed out in the photo but are more intense IRL.

MUA eyeshadows in shades 1, 6, 8 and 11.

Natural Collection bronzers - £1.99 each
I cheated a little and put these into one group! The bronzing powder is a standard bronze shade with subtle shimmer and the bronzing pearls are slightly more pink in tone, with a sheen finish. Both are standard bronzers and are just as good as the more expensive ones.

ELF tools/brushes - £1.50-£3.50
Again, I cheated with this group! It was too hard to narrow it down to just 5 individual products. The eyelash curlers and mascara wand are both £1.50. They do what they're supposed to do and are essentials in my routine. I don't see the need to spend more when these work fine. The small angled brush is slightly more expensive, at £3.50, but still very affordable. I use this to fill in my eyebrows and to line my eyes. It's soft, dense and I've experienced no shedding. 

MUA eyeshadows - £1
2g of product for £1! So affordable. These are soft, pigmented and just lovely. I hope they bring out more colours, I really do. They've recently released a pro range and the palettes, which contain 12 eye-shadows, are just £4.

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer - £4.19
I've recommended this to everyone and their dog. I'm on my 5th/6th tube and will continue to use it until they discontinue it. It's creamy, blends well, has high coverage and lasts all day.

Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Black - £2.99
This is absolutely amazing. Because of the felt tip, it's incredibly easy to apply. The colour is intense and it really does last all day. I also have the other shades of this and they are so long lasting, they leave a stain. The black shade is just as long lasting, but doesn't leave a stain; a win-win situation.


It looks like I've ran out of affordable treats to show you! I hope you've enjoyed this post :)
Thank you to Emma for allowing me to feature on her blog!"
Thank you Louise for this great post!  It has given me some more products to look out for and try!

This is Louise's first guest post, so please say hello!  What is one of your best affordable treats?

2 comments:

  1. I really need to try the MUA eyeshadows, they look so pigmented. My favourite affordable treats are from 17, it's one of the first make-up brands I ever purchased from and I still buy their products as the prices and quality are great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up both the collection 2000 eyeliner and concealer today, fingers crossed i love them as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...