Wednesday, 31 August 2011

There's Golden Delicious in them ther hills!

Well not quite, but due to a large amounts of fools running round London a couple of weeks back I was unable to attend a very special event.  It's not everyday you get to see a bottle of perfume worth
$1 million

No, and now sadly due to the crazed actions of a majority, I was unable to get into central London, and furthermore the unveiling was cancelled.

DKNY have created a beautiful bottle of perfume using precious metals and 2909 precious gems sourced from all over the world.  The base reflected this by mimicking a map the earth made using gems stones, while the bottle itself has a profile of the New York skyline made out of diamonds.  The bottle is, of course, their iconic design (an apple) and is made out of yellow and white gold.  This creation took nearly 1500 hours to create and is currently touring the world before being auctioned off for the charity Action Against Hunger.

The world's most expensive perfume bottle would have been a sight to see, but being faced by a crowd of looters waving baseball bats was enough to create a lock-down.

DKNY kindly made sure we were all safe before sending out samples of the perfume.  I have been testing it for a few days and thought I would give you my thoughts.

Golden Delicious- a blend of florals and heat.
Top notes: Orange Flower Water, Sparkling Mirabelle, Golden Delicious Apple
Middle: White Rose, Casablanca Lily, Vanilla Orchid, Muget (I have no idea what Muget is)
Base notes: Musk, Sandalwood, Teakwood

Golden Delicious is quite a delicate fragrance.  It is not overpowering- I didnt get any weird looks or cause any asthma attacks with this one.  It's more of a light day scent, or one to perhaps wear out for a light evening date.  Perfect for a cinema trip where you would like the boy snuggling up to your neck to smell it, but not choke the rest of the cinema!  I found it lasts all day but does settle after the first 10-20 minutes (like all perfumes).  I was not able to smell it much by the end of the day, but other people could.  This is normal with perfumes as they adjust to your natural and individual ph, so each person smells unique!

I like the size of the DKNY bottles.  They are round and fit in hands and bags easily.  The 30ml size is perfect for traveling.  They also add a flash of Hollywood Glamour to any dressing table!

DKNY Golden Delicious is available from most perfume counters from August 22nd.  RRP £32 (30ml), £46 (50ml), £64 100ml.  Debenhams currently have a GWP offer of a shimmer body lotion.

What are your favorite light day or evening date fragrances?

P.s. Anyone know what Muget is?!  Whenever I read perfume descriptions there is always one random ingredient I have never heard of!

Disclaimer: item was a press sample as mentioned earlier: All views and thoughts are my own and not affected buy this!

4 comments:

  1. That's a shame that the event was cancelled. The perfume sounds gorgeous and I love the bottle of your version too. I think Muget is French for lily of the valley - vaguely remember asking what it was when I went to a perfume museum in France. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love dkny fragrances ♥ ... i can't wait to try this one out :)
    no idea what muget is :)) ... at first i thought about muguet des bois (which is lily of the valley), but it has an extra "u" in it... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LilyLipstick A perfume museum sounds amazing to visit. I will have to visit one soon! xx

    @Kris It's nice- do check it out. You and Lily both say Muget is Lily so I think that is two votes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muget is Lily of the valley (every google search I do turns up Lily of the Valley). It's spelled wrong though because I kept getting, "Do you mean 'Muguet?'" Maybe you have a misspelled bottle? On Sephora it's spelled "Muguet."

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...