Saturday, 13 August 2011

Witch Blemish Pen, Wipes, Wash and Stick

In a follow up to my posts (Here and Here) on the 'preparation' products by Witch, here is a post on their skincare products.

Witch Blemish Stick
Witch Blemish Pen
Witch Cleansing and Toning Wipes
Witch Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash.


There is quite a lot of cover here so I'm going to keep it short!  These products can be used on all skin types but might get better results with oily/combination skin.  As with anything, test first for allergic reactions :)



Witch Blemish Stick.

Cool looking blue stick!
The classic Witch product.  Instantly fights the bacteria that causes spots.  I love the colour of this product. It sort of melts with skin contact.  I have noticed it breaking down my oily patches.  It's handy enough to pop in your handbag and, as with all Witch products, contains Witch Hazel (a known natural spot fighting ingredient!).  I have used this product for years and will continue to repurchase.

Costs around £2.75 for 10g which is a bargain.


Witch Blemish Pen

A spot treatment in a tube, with a brush end.  Thankfully the cap screws on, so no handbag disasters.  Contains Mint and Witch Hazel and claims to reduce redness and spot size in 2 hours.  I have so far got on with this gel product well and haven't found it bleaching my pillow (unlike another company's spot pen product!!)  I'm not sure how I feel about the same brush always touching my skin, but I guess the product sanatises it a little, and I could wash it.


£5.50 for 8ml


Witch Cleansing and Toning Wipes

I never use moisturing wipes.  I do use cleansing wipes, but only prior to facial cleansing (with a wash or my Clarisonic).  I don't find they clean pores deep enough (which is especially important for spot prone skin).  As a general pre-cleanse / cool down on a hot day wipe, they work quite well.  I can see my dirt and excess oil on them after use (yuck!), but know that my skin needs a deeper clean.  The smell fresh although possibly a bit chemically for my liking.  

I couldn't see these on the Boots website but they were on offer at Superdrug £1.99 for 35 (normally £3.95)



Witch Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash


This has tiny micro granules to help exfoliate dead skin cells before they clog pores and cause spots.  You're only supposed to exfoliate 1-2 times a week, otherwise you risk drying out the skin and undercovering new skin cells before they are ready.  As this is gentle, I use it with my clarisonic (larger granules are a no as they will damage skin with the speed of a Clarisonic!).  It gently foams, doesnt smell too weird and makes my skin soft.

Costs around £4.03 for 150ml



For me the stand out product is the pen.  It has given instant soothing and help to some mini mountains randomly popping up on my face.  I have happily used these products in my routine, and think that this range provides some great items to aid your skin at a low cost.  The stick has been in my kit for years and I take it on my travels so I can recommend that too (plus it's a cool blue jelly colour).


A word of warning, using lots of washes, wipes and spot treatments (with salicylic acid in) can leave your skin dry.  Dry skin flakes and clogs pores.  Don't forget to put some good moisture back into your skin.  Also, as with anything, use new products lightly at first in case of reactions.  Also don't forget to use suncream on your face in this weather (especially in places where your skin is healing after spot attacks).


While aiding problem skin is good, you can never beat finding the root of the problem.  I will be following this up with some good skincare tips I have learn't so stay tuned if you want to hear my tips.




My final Witch skincare post will be on the tinted moisturiser, concealer and powder.  Plus there will be an exciting announcement!


Have you tried any of these products?  What to you use for instant spot relief?

1 comment:

  1. These all seem like such great products! I imagine I'd love the smell of them as well, they seem like they's smell amazing :) I'll have to check them out soon, thanks for this post <3

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...