Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Aveda Makeup and Autumn Lipglaze

A while back I did a post on my visit to the Aveda Institute in London.  Well Aveda firmly has a place in my top brands.  For those who don't know, Aveda has a great ethical policy on using the earth sustainably.  This means everything they use is sustainable, recycled or recyclable! (I have mentioned this in more detail in the post I linked above!)

I thought I would give you a closer look at some of their makeup products.  

Please feel free to feast your eyes on the makeup stand.


That is a little bit exciting!  It screams 'come here and have a look!'  I have a couple of things off that stand.  Here are a couple of the stand out products for me.

Colour Options Eyeshadow Transformer.
A little pricey at £22 but a magical product and a little goes a long way!  This bottle will certainly get lots of use during the party season.  Simply apply 1-2 drops of the liquid to a brush and then use with any powder eyeshadow to create a vibrant cream eyeshadow.  The fun doesn't end there, you can also create a liquid liner from any shadow using the same method.


Left: Plain shadow. Right: With Aveda's Eyeshadow Transformer!
This product will give you intense shots of colour.  It creates a whole new palette from your existing stash!

Travel makeup palette! £11
Aveda are well worth looking at for travel products too.  My eye was quickly drawn to this amazing little palette.  It's magnetic, so will hold pretty much any loose pan or de-potted pan on the market (yes even Mac for you Mac pro pan junkies)!  It is recycled, sustainable, and hard wearing (metal).  The slot at the top will take a lipstick, while if you use Aveda's own pan makeup it will neatly fit 2, 3 or 4 pans of eyeshadow, blush or bronzer.  Add in a sturdy mirror in the lid and you had a perfect custom handbag sized compact for daily use or travel.


Lipglaze for Autumn
Autumn means colder drier lips for me, and a shift to berry colours.  I am so pleased I have this product.  Aveda Lipglaze in 865 Cassia.

Recycled box made of egg-box type material.

Pretty colour!
This glaze has Aveda's Nourish-Mint technology.  It smells and tastes slightly of mint.  I believe that mint has antiseptic properties, as well as making your breath smell nice and fresh.

Aveda Hydrating LipGlaze in 865 Cassia.  Doesn't it look like a lovely refreshing berry drink?
The ingredients are great.  No drying alcohol, parabens, mineral oils, silicone.. just a whole bunch of goodness (pomegranate, Beeswax, Jojoba Oil to name a few). 


Left: Bare lips
Right: Lips with Aveda gloss on!

I find this glaze is a nice treat for my lips.   Some lip products seem to dry out within 20 minutes, leaving your lips unprotected.  You then lick then to make them moist- which then evaporates and dries them even more!  Not this product.  I can happily apply it in the morning and it's still moisturising at lunch.  The hint of colour is still there too.   These glazes come in a range of colours and costs £15.50 for 7ml.  When I compare it to other tubes of gloss I fine that I am using less of this over the same time due to needing to apply less.  Value for money!

Aveda products are available internationally from many of their stores, or if you don't live near an Aveda store then you can peruse or purchase from their website http://www.aveda.co.uk

I also like it because the word 'Glaze' reminds me of glazed donuts at Krispie Kreme.

  • I have some other Aveda products in my stash so I will share those at later dates.
  • I am currently loving wearing mid trench coats for autumn (replacing my blazer jackets).
  • My nails are now sporting YSL's Expresso nail polish having raiding my 'Autumn' basket.
  • Skin is loving Alpha H.


Do you change your lip colours for Autumn?  What is your favorite nourishing lip product?  Have you tried Aveda's makeup?


P.s. Don't forget my Chanel giveaway is open (click top bar giveaway link!)

As always views on here are my own and not influenced by the origins of the product.  The lipglaze was a PR sample, but I do shop in Aveda with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even realise that Aveda do makeup?!

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie YES! Go and check it out if you get a chance. Some lovely pieces and its all helping the environment xx

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...