Friday, 30 September 2011

Skin Foundation update, Chanel + Aveda concealer

Trademark recycled and recyclable packaging from Aveda'

Guest reviewer wanted! Stay tuned!

Following on from my post on Aveda cosmetics, I thought I would give you a closer look at their Inner Light concealer.  I was initially given one as a sample, however it was the wrong colour for me to use.  After reading through the ingredients, looking at the consistency and hygienically testing a swatch on my wrist for a day I decided that this was too good to miss and thus spent my own money buying a shade that I could use.  There is no point in my raving about products if I am not prepared to buy them myself!

A normal doe-foot applicator,  This product is thick but not overly thick.  Creamy is probably a better word.  It is cooling on the skin.  This is my colour 02 Balsa.  It is designed to conceal and illuminate a bit.  This does both.

Spot the spots!
So how does it look on- well here is my jaw with Chanel Mat Lumiere shade 20 Clair (click link for my review/comparison to Pro lumiere) with Aveda inner light concealer  covering up my uneven skin tone and pimples.  For those of you who are long time readers, you'll remember early posts of my bare skin (not for the faint hearted but some links to posts here and here).  I will be doing an update on that, but I think (hope!) you'll agree that the texture is better.  Not perfect, but better!

This concealer is so light I feel I can use it a tiny bit under the eyes, round the nose and on the inner corners of the eye.  It's multipurpose.  It's semi-matte, long wearing, helps disguise darker patches and 'lightens and brightens'.  The best bit it that it is tested on humans.

Where to buy: Chanel can be purchased online from retailers like Boots, as well as larger department stores.  Mat Lumiere retails for £33.  Aveda sell their products in selected salons and online HERE for £16.  It is higher end price wise but saves time, makeup bag space by replacing 2-3 products AND it's caring for the earth.  I have also found that my tube is lasting ages.  I like to invest in products that will save me money in the long run.

When I logged on to Aveda's website it informed me that they have free delivery this weekend, and are offering 3 samples on checkout.  Use the code AUTUMN!

 
I mentioned that I wanted a guest reviewer. Well this is the shade I was given in nutmeg 06 and as you can see, it's far too dark for my pale-as-pale skin.  I have tested a tiny amount using a clean sterile spatula to extract a teeny amount.  If you think your skin would be right for this shade then please post a comment below saying why you should get to review it.  Please include your blog URL and an email address.

What concealer do you use? Do you use a separate under eye highlight?  Have you used Aveda's products?  Do you think my skin is any better?  Do you want to review the concealer?  Are you still reading these questions?!


P.s. Chanel giveaway is still open.  Click the link on the top bar!  If your comment isnt visible it might have been disqualified so make sure you read the instructions!

1 comment:

  1. i use the bobbi brown concealer and corrector, i know its pricey but i love it and is definitely holy grail for me :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...