Sunday, 22 January 2012

30 Day Skin Challenge: Origins Perfect World

When I started my blog I set myself a challenge: To use a product for 30 days and then share my verdict.  (If you know about this then feel free to skip to the product blurb below).  Why 30 days? Simply put, your skin needs chance to adapt to the product throughout 30 days (which is a normal hormonal cycle).  Generally speaking girls (and guys) skin will become a little more oily around certain times of the cycle.  Then there are the hormonal spots, oh how we love them!  It's important to see how a product performs throughout various skin days.

Some people might use a product once or twice and experience a 'breakout' but it is important to continue using the product for a while, as this mini-eruption might be the result of your skin being purged of impurities.  Basically the breakout could be the product doing it's job.   (If this is the case then the breakout should die down pretty quickly, but try to ride it out and DONT PICK!!)

Add to this the fact that the skin is constantly renewing itself.  A full skin renewal takes a different amount of days according to your age and health.  To see how a product REALLY performs you need to see how the skin is when it is made of cells which have only been subjected to the new product.

I have been a bit lax in explaining this and promoting the challenge recently but I am back on the case!  If you want to read more of my skincare posts then click on the 'Spot and Skincare Resources' button at the top of this page!

For the last 30 days I have been trying Origins Perfect World Moisturiser.

Antioxidant moisturiser containing White Tea


Verdict: This product smells nice, but it is a bit too thick for my skin.  I found it didn't sink in very well, and actually made my skin a bit oily.  Worst still it affected anything I put over it, so my foundation ended up looking patchy and disappeared into the oil completely on some days :( I experience a few spots but I think this was a combination of things and the moisturiser just magnified it rather than actually causing them in the first place.

I wont be using this again for day time if I can help it, but might use it in the evening if I am in need of a bit of a moisture boost pre bedtime- but only because I don't like to waste things.

If you have oily combination or oily skin like me then I don't recommend this product.  If you have dry or older skin then you will probably be ok with it.  Thankfully I did not purchase this product; it was a generous sample from the counter when I purchased something else.  To be fair to Origins, the assistant did say she thought it would be too heavy for my skin, but that it was worth trying as it was free.

This hasn't put me off Origins.  I quite like the brand as it does not test on animals and is free from a lot of nasty products (parabes, mineral oils etc)  I just know that this product is not for me right now.  The full sized tub retails for £32  and you can view it online at Debenhams.

On to the next phase of the 30 Day Skin Challenge!

And in other news: 
I have updated my fashion blog www.5foot10.blogspot.com and need your help!  Have you ever wondered how tall other bloggers are?  If something they are wearing will fit you? Want to steal someone's style or chat about which brands cater for you?  Well I now have a Blogger Height Wall on 5 foot 10!  See who else is your height!  If you want to be added then just leave your name, URL and height on THIS POST!  The more people there are on there, the better it will work, so please spread the word.

The bad news is I have a nasty cold. Currently working my way through a box of tissues, echinacea, multivitamins, orange juice, honey and lemon, nurofen... if you have any bits of advice then please feel free to leave them- or just leave sympathy!

Have you tried this product or brand?  How long do you try your products for before ditching them?  Have you succumbed to your first cold of 2012 yet?

12 comments:

  1. This was a fantastic review. I used the A Perfect World moisturiser years and years ago and loved it, but it was in an orange pot. I currently use the serum and love it, but this definitely looks a lot thicker so I see what you mean there. This is such a fantastic series by the way I love it :).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgie :) That''s really sweet of you to say. I have kept reviewing things, and using things for 30 days, I just neglected to mention the challenge- but have a look at the spot and skincare resources to see what I have used (although not all the links are there as I have not gone back through all my posts yet). The serum sounds interesting- not one I have seen yet! xx

      Delete
  2. Great review hun,this sounds amaze may like it coz I have normal/dry skin. Get well soon dear xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth a look- it is supposed to be for all skin types but I found it too oily. Visit your local counter or pick up a sample off ebay! Worth a try! And Thank you! xx

      Delete
  3. Great review! Sadly, Origins don't sell in Greece. I had a cold few days ago, I totally understand. Hope you get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olga- perhaps I'll do an Origins goveaway if lots of people cant get hold of it? xx

      Delete
  4. Great review! Is it just me or is there a sad face in the top right corner of the picture of the actual cream pot? Just me? OK then....*slinks off to readjust meds*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urrrrmmmmm eeeek I see it!! I didnt see it before but now you mention it... Jesus is in my Perfect World (moisturiser!!) xx

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry that product didn't work for you! I tend to try products for a month, unless it gives me a rash/hives/really dry, itchy spots or headaches because that means I'm allergic to it! Then again, you know my insufferable skin woes.

    I hope you get well soon. I'm officially on Day 6 of my wretched migraine (and I even went to the ER on Saturday for a shot to get rid of this thing and it's still here. It usually goes away with one of those.), and I am waiting for my doctor to send in some medicine so I can get rid of this darned thing. I'm especially sick of being in pajamas. I want to get dressed! (Seriously, how do people stay in pajamas all day? It's driving me nuts.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie- I actually like it when products don't work as it means I have less choice! I know you have quite a lot to deal with skinwise :(

      Also hope you feel better soon. Migraines are horrible :( Yest Pajamas are fun for a little while, but i start to feel really rubbish if i stay in them for too long. Hope you feel better soon xx

      Delete
    2. Well, it finally went away. FINALLY. I can get dressed. YAY!!!! Now, I just have to make sure the sucker doesn't come back. No big excursions today even though I'm dying to go outside (which is ironic because it's freezing. It's 25 degrees Fahrenheit. FREEZING for me.)

      What sucked is that my migraine was a really bad allergy headache in disguise. SO, I could have spared myself the hospital visit (which costs a lot of money; thankfully, I have really good insurance) if I had just done a system of Benedryl, Sudafed and nasal saline. The first thing that should have tipped me off was that I still had an appetite. I never have an appetite when I have a real migraine. You live and learn.

      Delete
  6. I love Origins but don't really get on with this moisturiser either, sounds like we have similar skin though! It's great for putting on overnight if my skin's particularly dry but otherwise I don't really use it sadly :(

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...