Monday, 30 January 2012

This is what happens when you go shopping with a fever

As some of you will know from yesterday's post, I haven't been a bit under the weather the past week and a bit.  After using up various supplies I needed to go shopping.  I didn't really 'need' everything below, but this is what happens when you go shopping.  Actually, no, this is worse... THIS is what happens when you go shopping with a fever....


No, they don't sell Percy Pig's in Boots ;) (M&S)

Let's start with the February (yes February?!) edition of Glamour magazine.  Firstly, no Emma, you are not mad. Magazines have a habit of labelling the magazine for the month ahead of when it is published.  When Jo Elvin (editor of UK Glamour) was asked about this recently, her reply was 'we don't really know.  No-one really knows, so we don't really talk about it- it's an unwritten rule!

Anyway random un-feverish month labelling aside, I purchased Glamour, went home, got into my onesie (yes, I have a dalmatian print one- it is warm!  Deal with it!) and then suddenly thought, 'wasn't Kelly Brook in the last edition?'.  I started to flick through and read a few interesting snippets before vaguely hitting something familiar.  I then flicked through with a bit more deja-vu until I hit an article I remembered reading in depth.  Yes folks, I bought the same magazine just before Christmas! What a numpty!!

Not only did I buy the same magazine before Christmas, but it struck me that I also managed to pick and purchase a magazine from America- not realising until I looked and saw the prices were in $!! (Cosmo USA!)  I enjoyed the read though and am now keen to try more american products!!

This wasn't all.  I managed to pick up some Oral B brush heads thinking they were £10 when in fact they were £10 off (cue confused incident at the till)!  The Batiste Brown dry shampoo was on 3 for 2.  I did need some but not quite that much.  Obviously the fever took my will-power (*ahem cough*)!  Talking of which I had 2 £5 No. 7 vouchers so I was going to pick up two items with £5 off until I saw there was another 3 for 2 on.  This made my brain hurt.  2 for 3 minus £5 or two items with £10 off which would need to be bought separately otherwise they would be 3 for 2 ARGH!! Ended up picking up 2 items from the new Floral Brights collection, and some wipes..... then the assistant pointing out I could use the other £5 off to get some more wipes in a separate transaction.  This meant I became THAT person, you know, the one who queues up and then leaves the cashier with their things while the customer goes to pick up "one more thing".  This always happens when the queue grows 10 fold!!

Of course, all humiliation and confusion was worth it for new lipstick and highlighter.  No. 7 Floral Brights Limited Edition collection lipstick in Blossoming Pink (above) and highlighter (below).  Post shortly when my lips are recovered from a weeks worth of blowing my nose with dry, sore tissues!

Have you ever gone shopping while ill?  What is the biggest shopping mistake you have made?  Have you ever bought something, forgetting that you already have it?  Have you checked out the Floral Brights range?
 

28 comments:

  1. Maybe the mags label them a month ahead to make out they're ahead of all the trends? Sorry you're not feeling well, hope you perk up soon. Nice giveaway over on my blog to cheer you up, plus I've included you in my Friday Favourites post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Possibly? It's a weird one! Thanks for the mention- I was reading your mascara exclusive yesterday but must have missed the Friday post. Will have a look now xx

      Delete
  2. Loved this post and the fact you are blaming it on the fever! Go girl! Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes.. blame it on the sickness!! Thanks xx

      Delete
  3. I took an exam while I was burning hot due to fever and tonsillitis. And then I went shopping after the exam, because it was the last exam of last winter and I needed a pick me up. I don't really remember what I bought, since after I got home I was in bed for a couple of days, but I remember shopping was funnier than ever. And I too buy magazines that I've already bought, because I forget. So I don't even have the fever excuse.
    *sigh*
    Get well soon lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria Thanks so much- exams absolutely equal a shopping trip!! xx

      Delete
  4. love the No7 stuff, i have a dalmation onesie too :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so warm- necessary purchase! xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you're feeling better soon! I haven't been well either the past few weeks and today I went to get my best friends birthday present, but before I bought that I managed to come away with a new pair of Converse and a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick for myself. Not that I needed them, but they seemed to be a priority to me today haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear youre under the weather too! ..but great purchases! 100% needed!! xx

      Delete
  6. Get well soon! I always use a cold as an excuse to buy those fancy boxes of tissues/the coloured or flowery pocket packs of kleenex...in hopes that the pretty tissues redeem me from being gross and snotty in public xx

    http://afinedinnercoat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I need some bright tissues!! Good plan!! xx

      Delete
  7. When I shop while I'm sick I buy more or less whatever medicine I think I need (I repeat I THINK I need). Now, my middle drawer resembles a pharmacy. So I totally get you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha- my handbag is like a pharmacy!! I fear being without medicine if I really need it! xx

      Delete
  8. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana- I follow most blogs with blogloving so I will have a look! xx

      Delete
  9. It could have been a lot worse! lol trust me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thankfully I wasn't near a louboutin shoe shop- or a French Connection!! Or a Channel/Guerlain counter! xx

      Delete
  10. You can potentially work off stress at the fitness center
    or inside of one of a variety of unique swimming
    pools.

    My site ... organizacja wczasów

    ReplyDelete
  11. The coating can release fumes that can kill a pet.
    Stick to metal body needs experienced rusting, choose double precautions to safeguard it.


    Have a look at my weblog ... homepage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it easy to achieve good well-being through the law of attraction?
    health insurance is absolutely vital because health consideration is very higher priced.


    My web site; http://szalona-organizacja-podróży.pl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Check the range of the language capacity of easy
    tips websites to satisfy your language preference.


    My blog: wycieczki all inclusive

    ReplyDelete
  14. It helps to you to get set with consent with security programs.

    The PC based system has flourished the industry with some unlimited uses.


    my homepage ... wycieczki all inclusive

    ReplyDelete
  15. Until this drink will help to restore lack of function in your new
    colon and sharpen its health. Are you worn out taking care your elderly
    family members members?

    my web page; organizacja-wczasów.pl

    ReplyDelete
  16. However actually our company were not educated that it typically is a fake web site.
    One particular 16-week training procedure begins August subsequent.


    Here is my site - homepage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oxidation can affect anything that you take as
    a right especially those usually are prone to it. Today, steel is are likely to used
    to system tools.

    My web site: homepage

    ReplyDelete
  18. This can lead to a 60 minute night stand conditions. If a person own the homes and you know where the cesspool is, there
    must be no problem.

    my homepage ... STRONA GŁÓWNA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Collectively planning software happens to be a perfect decision for many alternative reasons.


    Here is my page - http://www.uslugi-detektywistyczne.pl/

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...