Sunday, 8 January 2012

Top 11 of 2011 / Books / Winners!

I was tagged by the lovely Liparazzi (Click here to see her post) to post my top 11 products of 2011.  I love Laura's blog.  She started blogging a little while before me, and found me fairly early on.  Her blog is one I regularly check and she has gorgeous taste and style- pop by and say hi!

Choosing just 11 products is quite a mission, so I resulted in writing down products I reached for several times in a week- then when I reached 11 I cut off the list.  There are millions I discovered last year, but it's 11 products, not 35!

TOP 11 of 2011!!! In no order.....

 1) Clarisonic: this has really helped deep clean my skin, loosening and preventing deep set dirt.  I use it most nights with a nice cleanser. (Review Here)

2) Origins Check and Balances Cleanser: Frothy face wash- not foaming (foam just goes down the drain).  Doesnt leave my skin too dry, generally use with my Clarisonic.  (Review Here)
(For a budget option, and a close runner up, Neutrogena 2 in 1 visibly clear face wash/mask.  Slight chalkier than Origins one, but does a good job for the £). (Review Here)


3) Bioderma Crealine H2O: An amazing, gentle, oil free cleansing water (makeup remover).  No oil means less irritation, plus it doesn't leave a residue on my skin- or dry it out too much after use.  I hate it when remover leaves your skin 'tight' after use!  Also no panda eyes in the morning with this (if used properly!).  (Review Here)
4) Alpha H Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum: Amazing. Just. Amazing.  My before and after photos speak for themselves.  (Review Here)

5) Aromatherapy Associates Revive Gel:  Nourishes and tones skin, smells heavenly.  Helps fight cellulite, and wonderful after a bath.  I always get asked what I am wearing when I use this- and my mother has tried to steal it off me more than once!  Full Review coming soon but available.  Currently has £5 off at feelunique.com


6) Aussie Mega instant conditioner: A very lightweight affordable creamy conditioner that really helps make my long (dry) ends manageable.  Also helps that it glides through hair very easily without having to be worked in too much (knotted hair nightmare)!  A close runner up is the Joico K-Pak reconstructor which I tend to reach for 1ce a week to do a longer treatment.  It's a thicker substance so I sometimes comb it through.  Joice is only available in selected salons/stockist (like amazon) but Aussie is available from Boots.


7) Guerlain Kiss Kiss Strauss Rouge Broderie Lipstick:  I have been wearing this vanillary, moisturising lipstick lots throughout December.  It is just a fun colour.  It isn't  as bright as it looks in this picture but I have a few more pictures HERE

Two close runners up were the Clinique Chubby Sticks, a sort of tinted balm- Graped up pictured (Review Here) and Max Factor Colour Elixir lipsticks (Review Here)

8) Aveda Nourishmint Lipglaze:  A not-too-sticky (i.e. Long Hair Friendly!!) berry stain which has a slight minty taste.  Best of all Aveda is an ethical, eco-friendly company.  (Read more/ Review Here)


9) Chanel: A bit of a cheat but I have loved their Illusions d'ombre shadows this last year (post plus links to more posts on my blog with them), plus Bronze universal (a brilliant build-able cream bronze which is perfect for pale skinned people like me!) and of of my beloved Mat Lumiere foundation (New post and links to review/comparisons Here, not that it matters too much because it is discontinued :( )

10) Daniel Sandler Paach Puff blush:  Sadly discontinued but I did review it HERE.   I thought I should include a current product so I chose his Water-colour blush in spicey.  these blushes are long lasting, and value for money as a little goes a long way!  Read about my visit to at Daniel Sandler's makeup counter and this blush HERE.


11) Avon Supershock Mascara: Slightly bashed from my handbag, but you can tell it is well used.  It is often on offer, and is very good value.  I thought I had done a review of this but I can't find it on this blog, so I must rectify this shortly.  It is on the avon website.



Bonus product: This would be a picture of my Witch Skincare anti-blemish setting powder (Review HERE), but I have used mine up and it is never in store to repurchase!! That must be a good sign!  It it's place I have put the primer from this range.  If you are having an oily skin day then this is a great little primer.  I found it kept my makeup in place all day, which is no mean feat when I'm having oily days.  Also it helps fight spot causing bacteria rather than just add to the problem (that is assuming the spots are bacterial and not hormone/diet/other related).  Review Here.



Quite a lot has happened on the blog over the year but if you want cute then it has to be this beaver video clip. 

2011 had a really tought start but has been an interesting year.  I have managed to travel a bit more, attend some fantastic launches.  I hope that 2012 will prove to be an exciting year for all of us!

I TAG....
I think a lot of people will have done this sort of post, however in the spirit of 'tagging' I tag Liz, Laura, Aleksis, Holly, Lauren Loves, Lauren to herself.  Don't worry if you have done something like this already in the time it has taken me to post this!
I also tag all of YOU! Don't forget to post a link below so I know to see what products you discovered and loved last year!


Other news:

I *may* have sales hauled. (Expect a post shortly!!)

First three winners of my 12 days giveaway:
Glamoroux
Stefanie Gladden
Hannah (Which way to wonderland)

I will announce more winners in the next post, just so I can keep on top of it.  I still have some prizes left over so I will be giving these away weekly :)  If your name is there please send me an email with the title 12 days giveaway.  Well done!


I just finished reading Practically Perfect by Katie Fforde.  It was quite sweet, a light read but also something to get my teeth into.  A tale of a nice independent twenty something who buys a cottage to renovate- of course there also turns out to be a flashy, rich but clinical city boy type and a shouty at first (but all in a misunderstood, hunky, caring way) guy who gets into the mix...- oh and a greyhound rescue dog or two.  All quite sweet, motivating and uplifting- pure escapism!  A nice read if you want something light, friendly, but with a little drama!  I bought this from a charity bookshop last summer (hence the extortionate £1.50 price ticket!!) to read on the plane........ and promptly forgot to take it with me.  Christmas provided a little time to remove this from the shelf and start reading.   It will now go back the the charity and hopefully find a new home.

What have you been reading?  Any recommendations?

Don't forget the tag!! 

How is your 2012 shaping up so far? 


13 comments:

  1. I have never used Guerlain products before. Might pick them up from the city this week and really must own a least one Chanel product. Which would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beast and Beauty. The lipsticks are worth a look. As for Chanel, it depends on your preferences, but the foundations are generally very good. I also love Bronze universal (tan de chanel) as it is light enought to build up without looking cakey or fake. It's had great acclaim for the beauty industry! If you like shadows then I can really recommend the Illusion d'ombre shadows. They are gorgeous, long lasting and very wearable. Blend like a dream and foolproof to apply (I use my fingers). the loose powder is fairly good (although expensive). I cant comment too much on the lips/nail yet- but watch this space! Hope that helps a little. Just go and have a play at the counter :) Let me know what you pick up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyyy! I love your blog, it is super varied and ultimately useful! Details are on my page, but I reckon you might already have it but it's a nice way to say I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing so much about Daniel Sandler's products lately, I really want to try them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wig wam! So sweet of you to say- I do follow your blog so I will checkout your top 11! xx

    @SilhouetteScreams Absolutely worth checking them out. I have a few products but the blushes are the ones I reach for the most xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list!Some really great products are in there that I just added to my "to be bought" list!
    I haven't been reading anything, but papers for my diploma thesis. But. I ordered 10 books (including classics by Dickens and newer ones, 'When God was a Rabbit' being some of them) and I'll suggest you some, when I receive and read them! 2012 has been calm so far. Which is always a good thing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo Let me know which ones you enjoy! Thanks Ria xx

      Delete
  7. Great post! I will go around my house and grab all my fave tomorrow, been meaning to do this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great products, some things on here I really need to try xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have just got a clarisonic and am hoping it really lives up to expectations lol :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics!!!i'm following you!!!if you like mine, do the same!!
    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the little mention. Great post, Emma. I'm going to try and get my post done this weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...