Sunday, 25 March 2012

Ped Egg- does it work?

Sorry for the silence. I have had a crazy week.  The good news is that my minor surgery scars are now healing and that I am able to wear strappy tops- just in time for the gorgeous warm weather the UK is having!
Ped Egg. Needs scissors to open the packet.

Of course sunshine means that things once hidden are now on show- I'm talking feet!  After a winter of tights, socks, boots, shoes and bed socks, mine are looking a bit...dull.  I fear turning into 'that' person (sandals, crusty dry skin on feet with overgrown toeneails...*shudder*).  I wanted to get them ready for summer so a couple of weeks back I went (on recommendation) to purchase a Ped Egg from Boots... they were £9.99.  I puffed out my cheeks and walked out.  £9.99 for a 'cheese grater for your feet'!!  I had seen these gadgets a few years back before they were well known but they weren't £10!  I set off searching and managed to pick one up from good ol' Ebay (link!) for £4.  Sorted.
Ped Egg goodies.  Almost like Easter... almost.

The Ped Egg is essentially a gentle foot file in a hand friendly design.  It comes with an emery board to stick on the outside shell, and inside is the metal file.  I stress that it is gentle.  It wont slice through your skin.  The downside is that the gentle nature means you have to use it regularly.  I have been using mine daily on my dry feet before bed.  I then slather some lovely foot cream on and let it soak in over night.  I use my feet a lot- every day- so the least I can do is give them a little tlc by removing the dead skin and helping them to function properly.  My feet arent summer ready yet, but then I wasn't expecting summer to arrive before April...
It's 'Grate'... (sorry!)  Nail Polish Orly (reviewed here LINK')


I have found one design flaw, if you close the egg it will loosen the file plate meaning that if you don't empty the dead skin immediately after use, then next time you open it you will end up with the dead skin flying everywhere.... yuck!!  I hasten to add I was only putting the lid on the transport to the bathroom to rinse it out! 

All in all a neat gadget that is making the post-winter pedicure ritual a bit better.  I wouldn't pay £10 for it though!!


Do you have a ped egg?  Do you like them?  How do you exfoliate your feet?

Disclaimer: Bought with my own money.  No you can't see a picture of my feet.  That is just weird.

11 comments:

  1. I really like mine although I do find I really have to moisturise my feet afterwards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gaelle, Yes moisturiser is essential for summer ready feet! Even more so because you use the Ped Egg on dry feet! xx

      Delete
  2. Ped-Egg was my absolute saviour when I got back from travelling!! 5 months of wearing flipflops around australia, thailand, malaysia, singapore and mainly in India where the ground is very dirty and dry...my feet were soo dry and flaky and gross... no matter how much I soaked and scrubbed them they would not soften until my sister bought me a Ped-Egg. Its soo good! Just one use and my feet were almost bad to their orignal softness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow what an adventure! Glad I am not the only Ped Egg fan! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Emma,

    You probably got a fake Ped Egg. People have started making fake Ped eggs, just like fake OPIs and everything else. I have a real one, and mine looks different than yours in terms of the metal file; I'll take some photos for you. It takes quite a bit of force to pop the metal file part off the top of mine too.

    My mom has one too, and she has the same problems like me--that top is hard to pop off! It stays on very well, almost too well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is something I hadn't thought of. It seems ok, and looks like the others. It does work, it just only clicks together very gently. I would be very interested to see the pictures to check if it is a fake! Thanks for the comment! xx

      Delete
    2. I'll definitely e-mail them to you after I take them; I haven't gotten to it because today was Dentist Day (I tolerate a lot, but I HATE cleanings. I'm starting to hate having osteoporosis in my teeth. I get to have three to four cleanings a year instead of one! Yay for me! Blech.)

      Delete
  4. I have one and I love it. I bought a new one a while ago and it was a slightly different design and it didn't work anywhere near as well. They're since gone back to the old design. I don't know if you've got a fake or one of the trial designs.
    I love mine though. It's pretty much magic in a cheese grater.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds interesting. I'd love to see some pictures of yours if you have some to hand? It works ok, its just the grater and half egg shell come apart very easily if you put the entire egg back together... :/ egg-cellent... xx

      Delete
  5. I'm terrible with my feet. I always ignore them even when they're in intense pain. I need to get my hands on a ped egg, I've been thinking about getting one for a while. Might as well take the cheese grater for your feet plunge!

    www.thwmusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I may have to try this after all. My feet are terribly cracked - horrible. But this looked like it would be almost painful when advertised on tv!
    Thanks, Donnachloe

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...