Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Oh de toilet! Andrex moist toilet tissues...

... Yes you read right.  Moist toilet tissues.

There is something about these that I just can't can't get my head around.  Just to be clear, I havent tried them, so this isn't a review.  I was shopping in the Bullring shopping center about 6 weeks ago when these were shoved in my hand.

Andrex say 'Washlets: Flushable Toilet Tissue Wipes'.  I'm saying adult baby wipes?  These just dont appeal to me- unless I was say camping at a festival over the summer and without washing facilities.  The thought of using these in normal day to day life just makes my teeth itch.  If I think of them as wet wipes then they sort of have a place, keeping my hands clean.  The catch is, if using them after using the toilet, you still have to use normal toilet paper afterwards.

Just imagine trying to carry a pack of these around with you on a daily basis.  We have all had the embarrassing 'feminine hygiene product' fly out of our handbag at an inopportune moment, or tried to hand them to people mistaking them for pens, sweets, paper... you name it!  Imagine trying to a) fit a pack of these in your evening clutch handbag...  or having these fly out at the cash register... (oh don't worry, they are my adult baby wipes!).

These retail for £1.95 from Boots (link!), if they are cheaper than normal hand wipes then I might purchase them when traveling.  However maybe there is an aspect i'm missing?

Have you seen these/used them?  Any thoughts? Yes or No?! Have you ever had something embarrassing fly out of your handbag by accident?  (Try and keep it clean ;) )

P.s. Nars giveaway (Link)

20 comments:

  1. I really don't see why anyone is/should be embarrassed by tampons flying out of their bags. Periods happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In an ideal word, no, but everyone has different thresholds. I'm less selfconscious now then I was at say 15! x

      Delete
  2. These are great for festivals, as those toilets are minging (hello blast from the past!) and they make you feel a bit less disgusting, but the adult baby wipe aspect is a bit off-putting! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- festivals and toilets. Yuck! x

      Delete
  3. I know, I don't think I could ever use these ever - it's just not right! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these and I actually keep them in my bag! (my bag is huge mind!) I rarely use them and if I do it's for normal day to say mess (spilling drinks, sticky lipgloss etc) and they smell lush! I think the concept is good, for extra freshness and may be better just kept at home as I'm always in a hurry whenim out!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bag must be huge! Sticky fingers etc good idea. Maybe ill open them one day! x

      Delete
  5. We always have the asda version of these in our bathroom, without going into detail(!) they are just cleaner than using dry paper alone. I don't think they're meant to be used as facial wipes, as they're a completely different texture to other wipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldnt use them on my face- too weird, but for sticky fingers, spills, cleaning yes. Didnt know ASDA did them too! x

      Delete
  6. I love these. I'm with Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we've had these kind of things in our bathroom for yeeeears, andrex too, its not a new concept! they just um, clean things up a bit quicker ya know?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that's interesting- obviously marketing them more at the moment! x

      Delete
  8. I really dont like the idea of these either ergh!
    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some strong likes and dislikes prompted by this post! x

      Delete
  9. I also have been using something similar myself. Just a quick fresher way to clean up sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful blog with so many inspiring posts! Congrats on your work!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  11. In Europe most bathrooms have a bidet which people use to wash themselves after they have been to the toilet...they feel very uncomfortable and unclean if they cannot clean themselves properly after a poo and so will carry around these moist wipes for use in public bathrooms..Makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comments :) Maybe it's just an english/british thing? x

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...