Here is what I took!
- Clockwise from Top: Gum/sweets. Great way to force pressure out of your ears. I hate haveing fuzzy ears on the plane.
- Wet wipes! I use Carex anti-bacterial wipes. Great for spillages (especially useful when my gelato melted all down my hand during the 35+ degree heat!
- Mini Fan. Smaller than a credit card (but obviosuly thicker!) Purchased from House of Fraser's Go section (link) £7.99 and a god send!
- Compeed: This case is packed full of all sorts of plasters, but I needed them when I sliced my hand open in departures! The compeed ones are great to protect blisters (especially when hot sweaty feet rub against shoes (link)
- Handbag security hook. Unclips and balances on a table to provide a hoot for your clutch handbag. Essential in busy areas to help protect your bag from thieves. Also keeps your bag out of the way of puddles and dirt on the floor (link to similar one on ebay)
- Carex anti-bacterial gel. Perfect for use in departures, arrivals and on the plane. Especially if the guy next to you falls asleep and you cant wash your hands before you eat!
- Insect bite treatment. Bugs LOVE to bite me so I needed this on hand to stop me from scratching the whole plane ride home!
- Optrex eye mist. All that air con on the plane... Just close your eyes and spray on to eyelids to relieve tired, dry eyes and help take away the need to scratch and rub! More info at Boots where they also do their own cheaper version, which is just the same I'm told.....
- Clinique Superbalm lip gloss in Currant. An small mini size just for plane use! It was a magazine freebee and I didn't really like it but it was perfect to keep my pecker moisturised during the plane flight (and beyond) (link)
- Weleda Citrus moisturiser! Perfect to relieve dry hands/skin on the plane!More on this later!
|Very proud of light packing!|
|All products open- but I forgot two so keep reading!|
Of course I forgot that I had stashed two products elsewhere for the trip home.
In a hot climate we tend to 'glow' more so the Elf complexion powder helped to reduce redness and pigmentation while reducing the shine. The Primer Potion helped to fix eyeshadow, eyepencil and the under eye concealer pen. I also used this pen as a liquid concealer on spots, before using a bit of blush to bend it. I normally have to use a heavier foundation but in an average 30-38 degree heat this was not going to happen, so I switched to the lighter Vita Lumiere Aqua and was quite impressed. I didn't wear it all day but it held up quite well. Of course the lip colours changed according to outfit and event, but I stuck to neutral colours so I could play up my eyes. If you have the extravagent gold palette then just try wetting the brushes a little before application... a useful tip to create a bolder night time look!
If you want to read up on any of these products then I have done plenty of individual reviews, posts or mentions of msot of them. Just search my blog :)
Don't forget I am giving away a pair of £150 silver earrings (link!) Part of several 3rd blog birthday celebrations!
Do you travel light? What are your ultimate dual purpose travel makeup items? What do you take on the plane?