Friday, 16 November 2012

Lip Love: YSL GLossy Stain 4

I had high hopes for this product.  I introduce YSL's Glossy stain number 4 in Mauve Pigmente.  Mauves are my reach to shade- yes I know- another Mauve.  Stick with me though!
Even the packaging is shiny :)
I seem to put lips products on and they disappear within an hour or so.  Not the glossy stain.  It is a sort of gloss but combined with a lipstain (guess the clue is in the name).  It is pigmented and dries a little sticky but once 'set' it stays really well and lasts for an impressive amount of time.
It looks a little pinky but carry on reading....

The applicator can be used to apply a really strong cupids bow line, so no need for a liner (unless you want to use an Aveda clear liner to make an even sharper line).

One application is enough, but 2 or even 3 creates a darker stronger lip.  I've not been brave enough to wear the 3 shades lip outside yet.
Left with flash (which I think I overdid!) and natural light right.

Be warned though that this shade does dry a little darker than it first looks in the bottle.  I am not sure if all the shades dry darker, but it means I ended up with a little more darker vampy colour than intended- but it suits me so I'm happy that I went slightly out of my comfort zone!   Also a tip is to start at the centre of your lip and work outwards- otherwise you might end up with a darker splodge at the outer edges (like I did below in the pictures).  A quick q-tip soaked in bioderma will sort this.
No flash, flash! (Full face shots show my red, sore, flaky nose.  Silly winter cold!! Full face shot to follow!)

YSL Glossy stains are a little pricey at £22.50 BUT Debenhams currently has 10% off and 500 points on beauty if you spend over £40 so effectively it means you spend £35.  I bought mine as a Christmas treat, and picked up a few gifts at the same time :)  You can see the full range at Debenhams HERE


I love the Glossy Stains!  Do you have any or any similar products?  Do you stick to safe lip colours, or break out the brights?


4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely colour, I've been really wanting to try out one of these glossy stains x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely colour- I love it. Will be buying some more of these! Certainly worth the purchase! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Love the color and the packaging. It looks so elegant and classy. By the way, does it have an overwhelming scent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good product. It has a bit of a scent, but I don't think that's purposely added or bad. It's sort of peachy. The taste is the same, though I know some don't like it! I don't mind though x

      Delete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...