Saturday, 17 November 2012

Lip Service: Overview 1 of my lipbalms and glosses.

I was looking for my Aveda Nourish-mint lipglaze (post on it here) and I realised, as I emptied my drawer, that I have a fair few lip glosses.  Sad thing is, I know these aren't all my lip glosses and balms.  I had a few in my handbag(s), and a couple by my computer by Rimmel, Bourjois, Illamasqua, Lancome, Carmex, Jelly Pong Pong.....  I know, I know, I only have one face.
Top: Estee Lauder, Victoria's Secret, Model's Own, Burt's Bees, Apivita. Second Row: Jemma Kidd, Barry M, PixiGlow, Clinique, Aveda, Carmex, Bodyshop, ByTerry and a Dior on the bottom!



Lipglosses are normally one of the cheapest things in a range, easy to pick up, persuade yourself you 'need' just one more lipgloss... I though I would take a few snaps and show you what I have.  I do try to purge my collection every now and again for hygienic reasons (no-one wants to ingest a 5 year old product now, do they!? *shudders*).  And no, I never share.
Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush collection colours: Candy Baby, Slice of Heaven, Juiced Berry, Taffy Go Lucky, Red Delicious, Yummy Berry, Mocktail Hour, Strawberry Fizz.  If you want more info on these then I found them on the US VS site (though the packaging is a bit different form my duty free haul).  $9 each or 4/$20.  Glosses 2, 4, 7 and 8 have shimmer in.
I don't tend to wear lipsticks and glosses together- too messy.  These are used on 'down days' of trips to the gym where I know I cant wear makeup (if I love my skin) but feel too under confident to wear nothing.  A tinted lip gloss or balm is the way forward!  They have also been useful in this past week where I have been blowing my nose so much that the skin chapped under my nose and on my upper lip.  Nice.

I also have long hair.  Long hair + sticky lipgloss = hair stuck to lips.  No.  Just.  No.

Ignore the rouge chubby stick! It sneaked in!
Left- Right: Jemma Kidd lip glosses in Orchid (it had orchid in the title but I cant remember and helpfully www.jemmakidd.com is down for maintenance.  It's been down for ages so hope it's back soon.
Estee Lauder Pure Pop lipgloss in Pink Cupcake.  It's pink and has iridescent glitter in it.  I think it has been discontinued, but good old ebay lucked out
Jemma Kidd High Shine lipgloss in Shell.  Gorgeous neutral shade with a bit of a thin shimmer (swatch post here)
Barry M Toffee lipgloss (number 10).  Standard blogger item.  Tastes great. Blue undertone, makes teeth look whiter (Boots link buy 1 get one half price) 
Pixi Glow Magic Tink Tint. Pink but reacts to your lip ph to create shade.  Previous post where Bagpuss investigates this product link! Similar to the Dior lip glow (also pictured) but slightly different.
Clinique chubby stick (not quite a gloss) and Aveda Nourish-mint lipglaze in cassia (the perfect autumn shade for me.

Some of my natural balms.
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms in Pink Blossom and Rose.
Apivita Blackcurrant lipbalm.   Post to follow on these I think!  Vegan, natural, great.
By Terry Baume de Rose.  I know I have mentioned this on the blog before.  SpaceNK Cult product, worth a look if your wallet is flush!! (link)
Body Shop Cranberry Lip balm.  Normally retails at Christmas, smells/tastes great and has a bit of festive gold shimmer.  One of only a few jar lip balms I'll buy (and the jars always remind me of being at school where everyone had a jar of dewberry lip balm and dewberry body spray)!  STOP PRESS: When looking this up to see if this year's incarnation is available, I saw that it is in a dome packaging!! No need to apply with fingers!  This makes me happy- no gooey, messy finger or unsanitary poking of germs onto lips with icky fingers while on the go!  It's Christmas in a lip balm for me! (Link)
Carmex (just poking into the picture- yellow tin).  This is great when my lips are chapped.  Cheaper than By Terry, tingles and gives my lips a hug.  Also comes in tubes (hurrah) and mint, strawberry, cherry and original flavours.

So there are *some* of my lip balms and glosses.  I think I will have to do a follow up with all the ones I didn't round up.  For a girl who doesn't wear them on a daily basis, I have quite a few.

Do you wear lip balms and glosses?  Is my collection normal?!  Any favourites?  Are collection posts interesting and do you want more?  Any recommendations?

If you want more info, just ask.  Hope you are having a great weekend!

(Discalimer: All purchased/personal gifts apart from Models Own, Apivita, Aveda and pixiglow glosses.  Mentioned as part of my collection and if I didnt like them they would have been donated to charity or thrown out by now!)







14 comments:

  1. You have a great collection of lip products! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing collection! The Burts Bees balms are on my list of ones to try. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm impressed thats some collection, I think mine is scattered in handbags, drawers, car and office desk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! You definitely have lots of lip glosses and balms. But you know, you have great kinds in your collection. I used to have a couple of lip glosses too but I think I might ended up just like you too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't planned! They always look so good! x

      Delete
  5. Wow, that is quite an impressive collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels a not wrong to say thanks to that so I will say 'thank you for the comment'! x

      Delete
  6. Wow!!! You definitely have lots of lip glosses and balms. Have you used them all? Well, I am impressed with all the best brands you have got there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all, I'm trying to use a few up before I open any new ones! Woops! x

      Delete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...