Saturday, 18 May 2013

Take 5: Part 3: Bargains, Nails, Food


 Food, H&M, La Roche-Posay bargain alert, Apivita and Deborah Lippmann all make an appearance to keep reading :)

La Roche-Posay, Deborah Lippmann and Apitiva.
I found La Roche-Posay Effaclar K reduced from £13.00 to £6.50 in Boots.  A number of items in the range were reduced so I hope this doesn't mean La Roche-Posay are downsizing their range in the UK.  (I am asking my contacts!)  I'm not opposed to a bargain, but we only just got the brand so I hope it isn't leaving so soon!
£6.50 Bargain!

I haven't not tried the Effaclar range so I'm not sure what to expect.  This product makes up part of the cult Effaclar Duo product, but part K just targets bumps, blackheads, deep congestion rather than the surface spots.  If you want to read more then Boots have it online and currently have a 3 for 2 offer.
Apitiva Natural Serum
I'm really loving Apitiva Natural Serum for Radiance.  The Greek company Apivita makes a range of ethically sourced natural products.  There are 4 serums in this range, and they recommend them according to your age.  This one has bilberry, vitamin C, Lycopene, Wild Rose, Pomegranate, Coenzyme Q10, Propolis, Lemon, Orange & Neroli essential oils and Green Tea infusion in it.  Lots of good, super food ingredients.  It smells delicately fruity (which is good- I'm not a fan of overpowering face products).  I also like the simplicity of the application, which involves a pipet.  Apivita is available online and in most Marks and Spencers stores (and online).


Mermaid's Dream.  So pretty!
Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Mermaid's Dreams.  The nail technician famously discovered by Bobbi Brown has a gorgeous range of polishes.  This one is teal green littered with gold shimmer and green/Teal glitter.  It's very pretty and builds well.  I have worn it on it's own or over other colours.  The polish lasted to the 3 days mark when I had to remove it for other reasons- and the gorgeous colour was worth the faff of removing glitter nail polish ;)  I'm very into mint green this season and this polish compliments my new mint green H&M jumper perfectly.  You can find this range with a recognition points offer at House of Fraiser (although these are a little pricey and perhaps a treat for most of us).  (Side note- LOVE the square bottles for tessellation and ease of storage).

Yum.  A firm cake favourite.

Salted Caramel Millionaire's shortbread.  I made a batch of this earlier in the week for and event where I had to bring and share.  They went down really well, but I forgot to photograph them before they went.  However if you want the recipe I used this one.  They taste so good, but just don't look at the amount of sugar and fat in them!!

Jennie Runk for H&M beachwear campaign.
I came across this image for the H&M beachwear campaign, featuring Jennie Runk.  I thought it was a really beautiful shot. Jennie is in fact a 'plus size' model.  To me that doesn't define her, or this photograph.  I just see a happy, healthy, beautiful model in a lovely dress and a stunning location.  I wrote a little more about Jennie on my fashion blog http://www.5foot10.blogspot.com

So there is another edition of Take 5.  I hope you are enjoying these little snippetts.  As always, if you have anything thoughts I'd love to hear them :) Bloggers always like a comment or two :)

Have you tried any of these products?  What is your cake weakness?  Do you think H&M got it right?

(Disclaimer: Items bought by me apart from Apvita which was a sample, and Mermaid's Dream which was a gift.  All words and thoughts my own).

2 comments:

  1. I love millionnaire's shortbread! I've never attempted to make it though, my baking skills aren't up to much! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make it. It took me about 20 minutes, so fairly easy! Just make the shortbread first- while that is in the oven make the caramel. Add the choc when cook :) It's national baking day so worth a shot! :) xx

      Delete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...