Saturday, 1 February 2014

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

In my mega haul post yesterday, I included a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.  I thought it was worthy of a little review post.  I mix up my foundation brushes according to what product I am applying (cream, liquid, powder...) and what finish I want, however my go to/handbag brush is normally the Elf Studio Powder Brush (£3.75).  My only gripe is that it eats foundation.  I wanted a smaller but similar brush and my eye on this one by Pixiwoo since the release.  At £9.99 from Boots (link), it is a little more expensive than the Elf one, but I'm a firm believer in investing in good products.
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
 Having used it a number of times, I can say that it performs really well and that I am happy with my investment.  It sits nicely between my Japonesque angled foundation brush (which is perfect for getting foundation round the crooks of the nose link) and the Elf one mentioned above.  As with my other Real Technique brushes, it is really soft and washes well.  It provides good application of foundation, with the compact head useful for 'stippling' the foundation into uneven areas of skin (i.e. spot scars!).

My Real Techniques Brush Collection.  Other reviews on the blog.
So far I have tested it with my much used Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation (review) and Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation (I keep calling it Dream Mouse foundation).  I like the fact Pixiwoo colour their brushes according to the purpose.  The shallow part of me loves that I have three colourful brushes in my collection.

It is also nice to see Nic Chapman joining Sam on the Real techniques packaging, as Nic joined the company last year after returning to work from maternity leave.  Well done girls- another great product to be proud of.

Have you used any Real Techniques brushes?  How do you apply your foundation?


(Disclaimer: All purchased by me except the Japonesque brush which was sent for consideration).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...