Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Modern Day Easter Egg Hunt- thanks to Lush. (And it's free!)

I don't talk about a lot of technology here.  However today I had a fun press release fall into my inbox.  Lush have taken the traditional Easter Egg Hunt, and put a lush modern twist on it.  In the tech world, Easter Eggs are little treats hidden in media- for example that 'hidden track' at the end of a CD, the extra menu on a dvd which you find buy clicking a tiny symbol, the extra level in your computer game that you find by pressing a combination of keys, or the flight simulator hidden in Microsoft Excel (yes, really!).  Lush have hidden a 404 bath bomb on their website- that you only find when you encounter a 404 error,  i.e. something goes wrong on their website.  The bath bombs are free but you pay for postage.
Error 404. If you get this.... Click the egg!!


For those of you that are familiar with Lush, the 404 Limited Edition Bath Bomb was invented by Lush's Digital Director Jack Constantine and the fragrance contains Rose, Rosewood, Geranium and Ylang Ylang (created by Simon Constantine who is head of Gorilla Perfume at Lush).

Celebrate an error with a free Lush Bath Bomb 404 Easter Egg!
I'm quite impressed that I managed to find the Bath Bomb- I used a few techie tricks and there it was!  If you get stuck I might be kind and share my knowledge- or you can join in the twitter talk with the hash tag #makemistakes #error404

I love Easter Egg Hunts.  The last one I did was in the grounds of a National Trust property.  It was a lot of fun.  I walked miles and felt I deserved my chocolate egg at the end!  Hopefully I'm not the only one who likes Easter Egg Hunts!

Let me know how you get on!  Happy Easter Egg Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...